M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just helpful, as it provides a consistent check weld every time.

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
Your need for one depends on what kind of scope, mount, rings, stock you have and the shape of your face. For a solid cheek weld (as opposed to a chin weld) I'm guessing most guys could use one. You can get a cheap one for $15-20 dollars or you could spend $150 or more for one. This place offers several models and seems to sell a lot.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I found the website, but not many pictures of the TNVC, I don't suppose anyone has pictures of it mounted on their rifle?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Thanks mine is a Springfield Loaded with a walnut stock and I am looking at the Sadlak Scope Mount Aluminum with Burris 1" Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings low.

I've got the same set up with the DWP cheek riser. Works out perfect. I have pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not trying to threadjack but just an option.

Well guys this is my first post so I guess a lot of guys here will say this is a bubba mod but you can always just make an adjustable cheek support like I did. Those strap-on cheek risers are OK and buying a stock that costs almost as much as the gun is just dumb IMO. For me the cheek rest is much better. The scope i'm using is a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14X50 Riflescope w/Illuminated Boone & Crockett Reticle/Side Focus Long Range on standard SA mount. I'm going to trim the mount down and repaint. Im no gun expert but I figured since the factory stock could be replaced for cheap I loose nothing in trying my hand at some mods I want without forking over big bucks. I'm using a factory stock and i'm finishing up the pistol grip mod but you get the idea. Looks a little bit like a DMR.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Not trying to threadjack but just an option.

Well guys this is my first post so I guess a lot of guys here will say this is a bubba mod but you can always just make an adjustable cheek support like I did. Those strap-on cheek risers are OK and buying a stock that costs almost as much as the gun is just dumb IMO. For me the cheek rest is much better. The scope i'm using is a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14X50 Riflescope w/Illuminated Boone & Crockett Reticle/Side Focus Long Range on standard SA mount. I'm going to trim the mount down and repaint. Im no gun expert but I figured since the factory stock could be replaced for cheap I loose nothing in trying my hand at some mods I want without forking over big bucks. I'm using a factory stock and i'm finishing up the pistol grip mod but you get the idea. Looks a little bit like a DMR.

Very nice mod.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That TNVC looks nice. Right now I have an Eagle Stock Pack on top of a Cabela's cheek riser (3/4"). works well for me, but PITA for taking off to go to irons.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I wonder...

depending on the shape and contour of a fiberglass stock, I wonder if a person could make four notches to accommodate one of the CTR risers like H2O MAN has made available. They're easy to take on and off, don't weigh much, rock solid, practically everything you could hope for and would only need four small grooves. I would think the 1.25" height would work rather well on a GI stock.

Just thinking out loud, I'd need a GI synthetic stock to see if it's even possible.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Isn't it? Makes me wish my LRB was a RAW in CA... Last time at the range there was a guy with a RAW M1A in a Sage... I think the guy was a little over the top, wore nitrile gloves handling the rifle. Made me think he was going to do a contract kill for some rich person.
I agree, a lot over the top. Range commandos make me laugh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the TNVC type and I like it. It is solid, has a pouch with transparent area for data cards on one side and magazine pouch on the other. It seems well made and strong and it fits solid on my stock after I got all the velcro in place.

here is a photo of it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.