M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. My name is Chris and am a Marine Veteran living in Missouri. Got me a sweet deal on a Scout Squad and couldn't pass it up, even though I had to sell a toy to get it (KRISS VECTOR CRB).

I just picked up my new Scout Squad this afternoon and couldn't be happier. Gonna clean her up as we have a range date for tomorrow, weather permitting.

I ordered a Troy MCS Chassis for it, just waiting for it to show up! In the mean time I threw my Comp2 on her so she doesn't look so naked for now. Haven't made up my mind on what glass I want to go with yet.

Chris

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from Texas, Chris. and congratulations on your scout, I sold a Colt SP-1 to buy my first M1A a number of years ago , I never regretted it in the least.

Reactions: TheStalker

·
Administrator
17,385 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you Sir.

DI5

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome from MN.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Welcome from Roswell, GA - I have two myself.... Love both of them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Took her to the range this morning for the first time and am really happy with it! Only put 40 rnds down range (20 WWB 147 and 20 ZQI M80 147). I did a half-azz zero of the irons and Comp2, mainly just wanted to get everything hitting on paper and put some rnds through her. Still not bad, worked a 1.68" 3 shot group out of it with the irons @ 100.

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts