M14 Forum banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
CMI magazines are the only magazines I use for M14 type rifles, and they all work great, in at least one rifle.DI2

If they were made consistently enough that they all fit close to the same, that would be even better.DI5
Thanks for the post! We keep very tight specs on our M14 mags, shoot me a PM if there are any mags you'd like to warranty.

Just a reminder to everyone we have a lifetime warranty on our mags against mfg defects.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Thanks for the post! We keep very tight specs on our M14 mags, shoot me a PM if there are any mags you'd like to warranty.

Just a reminder to everyone we have a lifetime warranty on our mags against mfg defects.
Good and reassuring to know.

Two questions on that, the answers to which I think would be general enough and useful for others.

First, what are the specs on acceptable dimensions to be kept, so I can know what would be corrected, versus what is simply a deviation of the rifle to be 'fitted' to work with a correct magazine dimension? All of my magazines work with at least one rifle, so I cannot say which are correct or defective. I just know that they have a wide measured variance.

Secondly, if I happened to have legally purchased 20 round magazines that I can no longer legally purchase (according to the CA DOJ), what is the policy as far as warranty replacement?

Thanks for clarifying all of that. It truly is great to have that kind of proactive support.GI1

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Many of us would like to see you make a full size magazine that only holds 10 rounds.

Like many such pistol mags, it needs to be a permanent modification that still allows disassembly for cleaning.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put a wood piece about 3/8"x1 1/4"ish cut to length to make mine a 10 round mag. Not sure if it's totally legal though. Theory behind it is the duck plug for a shotgun.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I would like to see CMI change over to mag followers to the specs of the original usgi mags with the higher top left rear point for engaging the bolt catch. I have never had an issue with the old/original style, but the new style has caused an issue for me, and several others. They are still good, but this change would make them better in my view.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would like to see CMI change over to mag followers to the specs of the original usgi mags with the higher top left rear point for engaging the bolt catch. I have never had an issue with the old/original style, but the new style has caused an issue for me, and several others. They are still good, but this change would make them better in my view.
I second this.

I have a few of the CMI 10 rounders that won't hold the bolt open after the last round. If they do hold it, dropping the mag lets the bolt slam home. Testing with followers from some GI mags solves the issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Good and reassuring to know.

Two questions on that, the answers to which I think would be general enough and useful for others.

First, what are the specs on acceptable dimensions to be kept, so I can know what would be corrected, versus what is simply a deviation of the rifle to be 'fitted' to work with a correct magazine dimension? All of my magazines work with at least one rifle, so I cannot say which are correct or defective. I just know that they have a wide measured variance.

Secondly, if I happened to have legally purchased 20 round magazines that I can no longer legally purchase (according to the CA DOJ), what is the policy as far as warranty replacement?

Thanks for clarifying all of that. It truly is great to have that kind of proactive support.GI1

Thanks for the message! Unfortunately, we are unable to share our M14 drawing specs but if you feel any are out of range we can always take a look at them. As far as High Capacity magazine warranty in restricted states, the magazine must be shipped from and returned to an FFL (in the case of CA, a High Capacity Magazine Permit is also required).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
If you have any issues with the follower not engaging, please utilize our lifetime warranty and let us take a look or swap your mags. Unfortunately, we cant justify any changes without our QC department seeing RMA's in the system to back it up.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts