M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello M14tfl,

I'm happy to say, as of yesterday afternoon, I am the proud owner of an M1A scout (22" barrel). I've had a love for them since I was a child watching my grandfather shoot his, and promised myself that if I ever got back to the states I'd own one for sure. It feels good in my hands, and it puts a big smile on my face. I'm fortunate to have a friend close to home with a tobacco farm that offers flat, private, and safe ranges in excess of a mile and this coming Sunday I'm going to spend some time getting to know my new friend. My immediate interests are in knowledge of the weapon itself, which is my primary reason for joining, and to replace the synthetic OTB stock. (My wife is 5' tall, and wants desperately to learn to shoot. The nonadjustable stock presents a size issue for her.) So, greetings everyone! I look forward to getting settled in, growing my knowledge, and sharing my experience.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service to our country! congrats on new rifle , we know you will enjoy the forum and the rifle both! please check out our M 14 Rifle Association here also.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

"All gave some but some gave ALL"

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome from NorCal. Lots of info to be found. Lots of good folks here to help with the research.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome from another TN shooter. Your in "good company" now. We are currently building a 600 YD range near Paris (TN) and will be holding events next year (I hope). You will have to come on over and shoot with us.

Steve

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Glad to have you with us. There's always room for another Tennessean! Enjoy that new rifle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome, and Im glad to see so many Tennessee shooters here already. Does this site have a big Tenn membership? Might be good fun to share experience on the forums and in person sometime. What forum should I start in to discuss my M1A rifle itself stock options? Happy Thanksgiving folks, I truly do appreciate it.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, BadCompany, sound to me like you might be in need of another rifle, it will save all of that adjusting. GI2 I'm sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts