M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I bought some 20 round mag bodies from fourfourmag.com. They arrived and are very nice-looking. They don't look refinished, and although they aren't USGI, they seem to be very good.

The question i have is, can these things be made to funtion 100% with USGI springs and followers, or did I get ripped off?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Mag Bodies

The best place for USGI mag bodies is www.eliteguns.com but this is ONLY to replace your OLD beat up bodies NOT to make new mags,but I'm sure you knew that already. :roll:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hey Hawk,the ones I got had BRW S-1 on them,and they L(.)(.)ed like new,,,,,nice stuff. I was very happy with them to say the least. :)I have read about other people buying some also and I beleive they said they were BRW S-1s also.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Hawk,

Yes, they are real BRW S-1. The listing price is about $17.00. If you purchase more, the price could drop to $15.00 a piece.

The is a large sticker on each body. It's sticky and hard to clean. The bodies look new and been stored for a long time with some storage marks.

By the way, Elite guys are nice. They shipped pretty fast. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
All the ones I received are BRW S-1 also. Excellent condition. As for the sticker if you take it off really slow you should have minimal if any goo to remove. On all the ones I received I took them off slow and was able to just rub off any left over goo without a problem. After a good oiling they look as good as new. They're $16.95 each plus shipping.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Re: Mag Bodies

m1a_scoutguy said:
The best place for USGI mag bodies is www.eliteguns.com but this is ONLY to replace your OLD beat up bodies NOT to make new mags,but I'm sure you knew that already. :roll:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but mag bodies marked "BRW S-1" (Borg-Warner Automotive Spring Division) are 1960's vintage mags manufactured long, long before the 1994 ban.

So in that case, why should you have a problem putting a spring/follower/floorplate back in and lettin' her rip?

Just my .02...

Spike

·
Registered
846 Posts
spikenfritz,

i've asked hte same questions before on another board and was told baically that i was trying to break the law. even though i've got 40+ M14 mags here.

since BRW did not make spare bodies only complete mags. these bodies should be considered preban.

my thinking is they had to disassemble them to import the mags.

but whatever once september 14 gets here you should be able to put them together legally.

·
Registered
611 Posts
fubar said:
since BRW did not make spare bodies only complete mags. these bodies should be considered preban... but whatever once september 14 gets here you should be able to put them together legally.
Hey Fubar.

My thoughts exactly on the pre-ban-ness. I doubt, though, that if it were a mag once, that it can't be one again.

I only have nine. I'm feelin' a little magazine envy... :wink:

But no biggie. I can only put one in at a time... And that's what the wife sez whenever I see some for sale at a gun show... :(

Spike

·
Registered
846 Posts
spike

thats where the spare bodies come in now. it's the loophole for your spousal situation. buy the spare bodies now. then when sept. does roll around you are just buying spare parts to put them together. and not buying mags. :wink:

i have a printed copy of the crime bill, i can't wait to remove my bookmarks from the AW ban pages.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.