M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walmart is selling this Perfecta ammo for 12.44 for box of 20. Made in Italy but on the back it says distributed by TULAMMO. Only Manufacturer I can find in Italy is Fiocchi, which I assume would be a good thing. Wondering if anyone has any impressions on this ammo yet. I'm not sure if it's corrosive or not either.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Interesting, thanks for sharing that. Unless it shoots a whole lot better than the ZQ1-Guardian ammo tho its hard to justify the almost $2.50 a box more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Interesting, thanks for sharing that. Unless it shoots a whole lot better than the ZQ1-Guardian ammo tho its hard to justify the almost $2.50 a box more.
Yea I've been checking multiple walmarts in my area and they all seem to have replaced the ZQ1 with this stuff, so I went for a couple boxes. I'll see how it does I guess if it's terrible then i'll just start ordering the federal xm80 ball for 309 for box of 500.

·
Registered
458 Posts

If you *really* love that ammo and have your heart set on it, then OK. But if I could give you a suggestion? (unles money is no object for you)

Get the Hirty or the Prvi...

http://sgammo.com/product/308-win-762x51-ammo/240-round-pack-762x51-nato-147-grain-fmj-hirtenberger-surplus-ammo-1970s

https://gooseislandsales.com/asccustompages/products.asp?ProductId=631

The Hirtenberger shoots like a dream and is cheap and clean, but not reloadable.

The Prvi shoots almost as good, very clean well made ammo and I love the brass for reloading better than LC.

Just my opinion....

Baldur

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Baldur, I'll check those out, money is definitely not everlasting haha.
Hirtenberger looks pretty good and I don't plan to reload any time in the foreseeable future. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.