M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow they were gone quick! Posted this right after I purchased them but that wasn't fast enough.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
that is how it usually goes.

Young shooters do not have a chance to enjoy the fun we had growing up plinking.

When will this INSANITY end? It have been just over a year now and it is still going on.

22LRs are my gauge. When they become available to the peasants again, THEN and only THEN, will I consider things back to normal.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up some Stingers for $0.12/round the other day from Midway also. Not bad for Stingers considering CTD has them for $0.58/round.

·
Registered
406 Posts
watch out for Midway’s minimum shipping!

If you follow gunbot.net or similar and try to jump on ammo “deals” from Midway, be mindful that they have been charging a $15.00 minimum shipping charge, even for a single box of 50 .22 LR. Because Midway is still selling some ammo & components with a quantity limit.

I like Midway, they have awesome customer service, huge selection and I don’t think I’ve ever had any bad interactions with Midway.

but $15.00 minimum to ship a box of 50 .22 LR is outrageous. In fact, I just checked and now it’s $15.20 + a $3.00 “special handling fee” (because I’m under $25.00) <-- which you will easily find yourself under if the product you want is quantity limited.

I checked several other vendors listed on gunbot who had significantly less shipping.

Not to bash Midway here; again, I think they are a great place to shop. Just be mindful of the shipping charges when you buy. And make sure that there aren’t other vendors out there who may have a slightly higher per round cost, but because their shipping is more realistically priced, may cost less.

Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you follow gunbot.net or similar and try to jump on ammo “deals” from Midway, be mindful that they have been charging a $15.00 minimum shipping charge, even for a single box of 50 .22 LR. Because Midway is still selling some ammo & components with a quantity limit.

I like Midway, they have awesome customer service, huge selection and I don’t think I’ve ever had any bad interactions with Midway.

but $15.00 minimum to ship a box of 50 .22 LR is outrageous. In fact, I just checked and now it’s $15.20 + a $3.00 “special handling fee” (because I’m under $25.00) <-- which you will easily find yourself under if the product you want is quantity limited.

I checked several other vendors listed on gunbot who had significantly less shipping.

Not to bash Midway here; again, I think they are a great place to shop. Just be mindful of the shipping charges when you buy. And make sure that there aren’t other vendors out there who may have a slightly higher per round cost, but because their shipping is more realistically priced, may cost less.

Caveat emptor.
That's why I don't buy from Cabelas, because they limit you to just one box of ammo, usually 50 or 100 rounds. With Midway it's different; with the Blazer ammo I just bought, I was able to buy 10 / 50 round boxes, 1 / 500 round box and 1 / 5000 round box. It ended up costing $.045/round for 6000 rounds total with shipping, almost pre panic levels.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Yes, shipping/handling charges from Midway is the only drawback ordering from them. Thier shipping does get reasonable if you order in quantity or a variety of items. For single items that are offered at Brownells, they have a much cheaper shipping policy. dozier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts