M14 Forum banner

Cheap 7.62x51 Match Ammo-MagTech Sniper

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Shomway 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
While my M21 didn't like the Aust. Outback 168gr SMK ammo...( it shot the 165gr SGK much better )

Those with 308 bolt guns might try it ..

Global Ordnance has a variety of Aust. Outback 308 on sale for a "Buy one get one free"

Be advised... it is most likely loaded with Varget, I consider that to be not really appropriate for a M1A action.

ADI ( Aust. Outback is the commercial brand name ) produces Varget.

Any way... $25 bucks for 40rds of 168gr SMK is pretty good ( plus shipping )

4 kinds of .308 available... 168gr SMK, 165gr SGK, 7.62 mm F4 Ball, and .308 WIN — 150gr Swift Scirocco II BTS Super Match.

https://globalordnance.com/ammunition/centerfire-rifle-ammunition/308-winchester/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=3290

Note: they all so have .223 55gr Blitz King , and 69gr SMK Aust. Outback on BOGO sale as well.

https://globalordnance.com/ammunition/centerfire-rifle-ammunition/223-remington/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=3290

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
^^^^^^^^^^^ I think there add is pretty funny bemoaning CA and there craziness about having too change there logo on the box and then later state absolutely no sale too Cali after..

Well go back too your old logo then, infact it would have been cheaper if they had never changed it in the first place if your going too take the stand and not going too deal with Cali's BS.. Silly I say......

#14 ·
You can get it just a hair cheaper at target sports. $259 shipped for a 400 round case. Even cheaper if you have their prime membership ($238 a case shipped).
I have shot this ammo and for the price, I find the performance to be very good.
While not as accurate as the gold standard federal gold medal, it trails right behind it in my opinion. I averaged about 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 groups at 100 yards from a semi auto AR10.
Since I have target sports prime, I ordered 3 cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.