M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired
4,630 Posts
I just read of his passing. Died of a stroke. I really liked him and enjoyed his music for many years, and saw him numerous times live, in concert. Always put on a great show.
I will truly miss him, but he left us a lot of great music. RIP Mr. Daniels.

·
Administrator
17,258 Posts
Godspeed Mr. Daniels, your music was great.

·
Forum Jester
6,960 Posts
devil won't be goin to georgia no more rip

·
Super Moderator
3,376 Posts
I have been listening to Charlie Daniels for over 50 years and he is one of my favorites for sure! He leaves us a treasure of music to listen to so we can carry on for years. He was a true American that loved our country!

In 2018 - I took my wife to see CDB and Alabama at the Fox Theratre in Atlanta! She had not been exposed to country / country rock music and the concert was one to remember [the wife loved it].

One of my favorite songs that I really enjoy is -> "It's my Life" I listen to this one often and it hits home.

RIP Charlie Daniels

M1Army

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Big fan since the 70’s. Saw him at the Long Island Area about 1977-78. It was during a 90+ degrees heat wave and the AC went out at the venue. It was insanely hot, muggy inside but the thousands of fans didn't care and we all had a great time. RIP CD.

And my favorite CDB tune....

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
My wife and her dad danced to 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia' at our wedding reception.

It was also one of my favorite songs as kid. That guy did good. He deserves a heck of a send off.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,171 Posts
R.I.P., Sir.

We lost an expert class musician and a patriot, a sad day.
m14brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts