M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched a few videos and it looks easy enough. I am going to buy my first M14/M1A. The one I am currently bidding on does not have the bayo lug. I want to remedy that. Is it really just as easy as I am watching these guys do it? Thanks!

· Premium Member
22,427 Posts
I have watched a few videos and it looks easy enough. I am going to buy my first M14/M1A. The one I am currently bidding on does not have the bayo lug. I want to remedy that. Is it really just as easy as I am watching these guys do it? Thanks!
Depends on how the current suppressor is attached. If it is pinned or welded, it can become a bit of a project, if not it's a very simple procedure. Whatta Hobby!

· Registered
2,137 Posts
The USGI pliers will be easier to use instead of that contraption you are thinking. There is only so much room to move in the windows - which necessitates a pliers style tool. The tools are as they are coz that is the best can be done. Just get the USGI pliers and save yourself the pain and suffering.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn’t know the difference yet between USGI and Commercial flash hider yet. I want everything I learn to change out to be USGI of course.

Billy, is that your only priority for an M14 style rifle....bayonet lug?
If you replace it I assume you want a USGI flash hider. Do you know the difference between a commercial and USGI FH?

Bidding on one already....;)t

· Registered
2,481 Posts
The primary difference would be the cost. 🤪

As KurtC has said elsewhere on this forum: You're primarily paying for a hole. If you're getting it national match reamed (which most commercials are close to by default anyway) you are buying a bigger hole. In this case, you want a hole that allows you to connect to a bayonet.

I dunno, but this just doesn't seem like a necessary place to go GI or bust unless you are a collector trying to make some sort of a period piece build. Spend the extra money elsewhere.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is what I will end up doing is mak8ng it close to what it should be. I don’t really shoot much. I am not bound to a wheel chair but I am damn close. Going to the range I end up paying for it with extra pain that I would have to deal with, So I just really collect.

The primary difference would be the cost. 🤪

As KurtC has said elsewhere on this forum: You're primarily paying for a hole. If you're getting it national match reamed (which most commercials are close to by default anyway) you are buying a bigger hole. In this case, you want a hole that allows you to connect to a bayonet.

I dunno, but this just doesn't seem like a necessary place to go GI or bust unless you are a collector trying to make some sort of a period piece build. Spend the extra money elsewhere.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, for whatever reason, I obsess over Bayo lugs. I have a couple of Arsenal AK47’s and they have bayo lugs. But I get why Springfield doesn’t do it anymore. Sadly there is too many areas that they are not allowed, which makes abosulutely no sense.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are some parts that will be coming with a M14 that I bid on. Up in the right side is an extra flash hider which looks like has a bayo lug. I don’t believe it’s USGI? Also, youuys maybe able to indetify the extras he has there. Rifle supposedly has less than 50 rounds. Looks unused to me. Where he mentions two big holes I was asking was there a tool kit. There is also other extras not pictured.
Font Rectangle Wood Metal Publication

· Registered
741 Posts
These are some parts that will be coming with a M14 that I bid on. Up in the right side is an extra flash hider which looks like has a bayo lug. I don’t believe it’s USGI? Also, youuys maybe able to indetify the extras he has there. Rifle supposedly has less than 50 rounds. Looks unused to me. Where he mentions two big holes I was asking was there a tool kit. There is also other extras not pictured. View attachment 505004
I don't see a flash hider. I see a muzzle brake. Without flash hider

· Registered
3,137 Posts
Looks like also a spare bolt roller & clip, recoil spring and spring guide, bolt parts (ejector and spring, extractor ), 10rd mags, gas piston, hammer spring? misc ......

· Registered
2,481 Posts
yeah, it’s the SAI brake that does not have a bayo lug. That dovetail is for the site, as the brake is upside down.

Got a spare bolt stop, bolt extractor, ejector spring, a gi type spring guide in a national match spring guide package. Spare op rod spring. Spare bolt roller, spare connector lock.

Handy just in case, but you’ll prob never need them. What’s in the KGB bag on the top left?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts