M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally in WI and now need a place to shoot. Anyone know of a shooting range that has 300 plus yard rifle range? I'm in Marshfield just to clarify.

From searching online most are typically trap ranges and are only 100-200 yard rifle range.

Thanks

Jon

· Registered
1,799 Posts
I'm finally in WI and now need a place to shoot. Anyone know of a shooting range that has 300 plus yard rifle range? I'm in Marshfield just to clarify.

From searching online most are typically trap ranges and are only 100-200 yard rifle range.

Thanks

Jon

The range just outside Marshfield is only 100 yards, but the Marathon County range on County N has longer ranges from what I have heard.

I live west of Spencer, only about 10 miles from Marshfield.

· Retired
5,985 Posts
You mean you went there deliberately?!
You're darn right he did !!! Smart move too. And I see where you are from... (Illinois). And how 'bout those Packers, beating the Bears, even with out Aaron Rodgers. ??? So there, take that !!! LOLGI2

As far as the question by the OP, check with forum member, siefly, as he lives up near Rice Lake and travels around a bit up there competing in service rifle matches. He should have a good handle on where the good shooting ranges are located.

Reactions: Lurp

· Registered
531 Posts
Marathon Co has a 600 yd range and Eau Claire has a 600 yd range and they both
have bench and Service Rifle Matches. Starting in the spring I will be running
a "Battle Rifle" shoot near Rice Lake-- 300 yds.

As far as football, I do not watch them and could care less who wins... :)

Siefly

· Registered
4,293 Posts
Also visited Lodi range some years ago and stayed at local camp ground. The town of Lodi rolls up the sidewalks at an early hour. Inquired as to where one could buy some of that famed Wisconsin cheese and was told that was a myth and none available. Can say lots of cattle and accompanying smell as well. Nice 1000yd. range and well operated also.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lodi seems a little to far for me but I will be checking out Eau Claire and marathon for sure.

Thanks for the info guys, google only shows me local ranges and the gun store guys gave me a blank stare when asked about a decent gun range is.

· Retired
5,985 Posts
So is that how they get the holes in the Swiss cheese??
I think the holes are from mice eating their way through it...

Marathon Co has a 600 yd range and Eau Claire has a 600 yd range and they both
have bench and Service Rifle Matches. Starting in the spring I will be running
a "Battle Rifle" shoot near Rice Lake-- 300 yds.

As far as football, I do not watch them and could care less who wins... :)

Siefly

Thanks for the info Dan, and good luck deer hunting. And just so you know, I didn't watch one play of the Packers/Bears game. I am taking a knee to the NFL !!!

My boss at work posted on Facebook, 2 pics, one with the caption,"I stand for the National Anthem" and the other "I kneel before the Cross"... Outstanding !!!

Reactions: racer

· Registered
492 Posts
You're darn right he did !!! Smart move too. And I see where you are from... (Illinois). And how 'bout those Packers, beating the Bears, even with out Aaron Rodgers. ??? So there, take that !!! LOLGI2
I spent the first 40 years of my life in Texas. The last 17 have been as a visitor of the state of Ill-Annoy. I am a Texan and always will be.

As far as pro football, I have been boycotting it since Kaepernick first sat out the singing of our National Anthem. I hope the NFL finds that they are paying out much much more than they get in and have to apply for bankruptcy protection. I haven't had much interest in pro football for decades. I would watch an occasional stupor bowl if the teams were competitive and would make a good game of it. College football is much for fun to watch, and to root for your school. My school is Texas A&M. I attended from 1978 to 1982. Go Aggies! Whooooooooop!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.