M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried a Ceiner .22 conversion on their 1911? If you have, what do you think of it. In North Carolina we can carry a .22 cal. year round in our National Forest except when bow hunting. I started to buy a Ruger Mark II, but if this thing is any good I think I would prefer to go with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
hillbilly,
i got one. its a kimber conversion, a ciener that is roll marked kimber, and with a bomar style rear sight instead of the millet that ciener uses.
works great and with that rear sight its the same sight pic thats on my .45.
mine loves cheap rem. thunderbolts.
biggest drawback, the mags ain't cheap, and hard to find.
but i love it, and shoot it often.

shotgun

·
Registered
900 Posts
For what the conversion costs I'd say buy the Ruger
Then you have a new gun
Try the 22/45 model with the bull barrel I have it and think its great

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Hillbilly:

I have a question... what is the .22 for? Will this be a carry or tote gun while in the National Forest?

The Ruger MKII in SS is light and durable, seemingly so far, super reliable and fairly inexpensive to buy. So it might be helpful for it to be lighter if you have to carry it around?

The 1911's that I have seem much heavier and might make a difference if you gotta tote it around all day.

I have never tried the Ciener .22 conversion... so I am a zero there...

Just some $.02

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Yes Tom it would be for carry in the Forest. I just thought it would be handy since I already have a holster for the 1911. They also make a conversion for my Glock .40 cal. Another advantage for conversion is no permit to purchase, and an advantage for the Ruger is as has been said "another hand gun."
I'll probably go Ruger, I was just curious if the conversions worked well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it only took 2 months to make up my mind, I went with the Ruger
5 1/2 inch bull barrel. It shoots much better than I can, and talk aboput a smooth trigger. I believe I'm going to really like it.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Got to tell ya, Hillbilly - I just love my Ruger. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A whole lot of shootin' for not much money - and it's fun, too.

Have about 1K through mine now - for about the same amount I'd spend on a hundred rounds or so of .45 ACP.

I "broke mine in" with 200 rounds of CCI mini-mags because my 'smith told me to - didn't ask why, just did it. Shoots like a dream - no FTF/FTE.

Still love shooting my large cal pistols and revolvers more (bigger bang - bigger holes) but my .22 still gets me out to the range to do battle with the "evil" paper bullseye (not to mention the occasional tin can or plastic bottle). :mrgreen:

duckbuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.