M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this video and I'm wondering what is the law regarding pulling your CCW on somebody.

This is a video on Pigeon shoots, I'm not posting it to discuss the morality of them, you can save that for another thread.

At 1:54 you will see a "Gentleman" approach the truck confront the occupants then draw his CCW and "point" it at them.

My understanding is under the circumstances here his actions would be illegal and he could be arrested and lose his CCW permit.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=298_1387305709

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Under Pennsylvania law (which is where it appears to have taken place) he appears to not have had a legitimate reason to draw. I suppose he could state he felt his life was in danger (being older/being outnumbered) the way he escalated on camera woukd have given the DA a surefire case.

MAYBE something transpired in the moment the camera was facing away, but if anything it appears the guy who drew committed simple assault when he shoved the cameraman. While I feel the guys recording are definitley going out of their way to provoke people, it doesn't give the guy the right to escalate like that.

Shove a camera in enough peoples faces, you're bound to find enough people to act like neanderthals to put together video to make all gun owners/hunters look like crazy fools.

5,445 Posts
Yup, appears to be a brandishing violation (dependent upon state law).

Absent emminent threat/occurrence of bodily harm/death... a CCW firearm should not be displayed/drawn on people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts