M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Safe to reload? happened upon at least 1000 cases of the stuff, all boxer primed. Havent heard much good about them...

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Make sure that it is all Boxer Primed, some of the Cavim is Berdan Primed!
I have loaded some in the Past and found the Brass to be very Hard and a little difficult to work with but it shoots fine!

·
Registered
386 Posts
cavim

i have loaded several hundred rds of this and like earlier posted have had trouble working it. however my experience was good with one vintage and not the other. my problems may also have been process related. my recommendation is as follows, 1: use an adequate amount of case lube. 2: verify that shoulder is set back enough to provide safe head space, i have found it necessary to lightly lube the inside of the necks on some vintage cavim cases to prevent pulling the shoulder back out. 3: verify trim length..overall i consider this good brass but it requires careful processing, as does all brass.MCORPS1

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have loaded several thousand rounds of CAVIM for my M14 & Browning. Never noticed any sizing problem in a Dillon 650. They do need to be trimmed back on the first loading.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much gentlemen, I appreciate it. Dont want any harm to come to my ol' girl... or my face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts