M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing some mixed reviews on this product, figured I'd ask some questions and see if the experts here could answer. Is this product worth the money? How difficult would this be to install on a M1A scout? Is this rail an accurate base for a scope? Thanks all, any info/opinion is welcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not an expert but will give my opinions. I recently purchased a SOCOM 16 which has the barrel mount as you have and was not really pleased with the rail position. I have always been a fan of rifles with wood furniture and have several of the various Ruger mini offerings but wanted a different result with my latest M1a and have chosen to forgo the long range accuracy and go for some of the more modern tactical options. I have mounted the EOTECH 552 and wanted it closer to the receiver than the scout mount would allow. I liked the appearance of the VLTOR as was used on the SOCOM II and purchased the stock and rail system used which allows me to hydro dip the spare stock to my taste. Anyway the upper rail system is basically the CSAV-14 but without the extended rail to the stripper guide. This allowed me to move the EOTECH to a position that is more comfortable for me. Installation was very simple and minimal tools were needed. I was going for the look and versatility. Very pleased with the quality and function but it does add weight and you have to decide what your intended direction is with the rifle.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have one installed on a rifle. It solved a problem and works well so far.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
long time ago when I ask " worth it " word all moderators attacked me " shhhhhhh , don't ask worth it "
my question was regarding Crazy Horse M14 ,

I surprised in 7 months you didn't get warning.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
long time ago when I ask " worth it " word all moderators attacked me " shhhhhhh , don't ask worth it "
my question was regarding Crazy Horse M14 ,

I surprised in 7 months you didn't get warning.
I have been a member for sometime and yes things have changed. And not always for the better. But we digress. I think the one thing that would cinch the CSAV mounts would be if there was a way to secure the front of the mount to either the receiver or barrel. But again so far no zero loss with the current set up and consistent POA POI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts