M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading here and elsewhere about cast bullets in a M1a what is the name and order # of the die is there more then 1 and a decent load to start out with . TIA Nim

·
Banned
611 Posts
Are you the one who posted this question over at BR.com?
anyway just in case. I use a 30-165-sil mould from rcbs. 30 grains of imr 4895 behind it has been geting about 2000 fps. It's an awsome bullet in it. Completely troublefree and no gas system issues. That is a myth about the 14 I intend to put to rest. I am still experimenting with this bullet in the M-1. It shoots fine but Doesn't cycle worth a darn in it. I am about to fix that hopefully with a new gas cylinder. The 14 has worked reliably down to 1500 fps or so and I have gone up to 2500. I don't recommend over 2000 though. Leading and very bad accuracy occurs over 2200 for me and I am using heat treated wheelweights. Get a lyman cast bullet manual if you don't already have one. I only give load data as a referance and not as something you should start with. Work up safely and by the book.
Oh the lyman 311413 is anothe awesome bullet in the 14. If you can find one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.