M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at GB and I located a Caspian M14 receiver (semi of course). The quality didn't look that great and I was just interested to find out more about them. I know that the Caspian 1911 receivers are pretty nice for what they are but the M14 receiver looked pretty ragged.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic2

·
Super Moderator
11,032 Posts
Russell40, just look at how finely machined that rear sight pocket is not machined.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Why would you want that? I wouldn't pay $10 for that receiver.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not interested in it. I just never knew that Caspian had built these. Learn something new everyday. Looks like something that would have been built for Century.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Back in the day when the Colt Combat Elite came on the scene I wanted one for a duty pistol but I really couldn't swing the purchase from the family budget at the time. So I figured that I'd build my own version of the Combat Elite since I had most of the parts to pull it off ...

The full sized custom Combat Elite clone that I built using a new stainless Caspian frame I'd picked up in a trade, utilized a blued series 70 Colt slide that I had in my parts stash. There were some special bits and pieces that I didn't have that I bought from Wilson Combat and Pachmyar. In the end I more than succeeded in my misison.

No brag on my handiwork... But it turned out to be a fine piece of work. I originally built it for a duty pistol but it was too gorgeous to get banged around on Crown Vic doorjams over the years getting in and out of the vehicle on hot calls. So once it was sighted in, I never carried it on duty except one time and I banged those lovely Ebony double diamond checkered grips on the doorjam getting out of the car and that was the end of it's career as a police carry pistola. It's been a safe queen ever since.

Having said all of the above... I never knew that they'd built an M14 receiver either and I was not at all impressed with Caspian's efforts in the M-14 arena....

7th

·
Super Moderator
11,032 Posts

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,706 Posts
Why would you want that? I wouldn't pay $10 for that receiver.
Come on hammonje, I bet you would give $10.00 for it just to say you have one, I would.

Casey

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Come on hammonje, I bet you would give $10.00 for it just to say you have one, I would.

Casey
Nope. I'd give someone else $10 to take it home with them. No need to keep stuff around that has no use.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Different needs to chime in. I did a search on his definitive history of the M14 and Caspian doesn't get a mention. It's an older version but you'd think it would have come up in the last few years.

How about a picture of the heel that is clear.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I have several Caspian 1911's. They make a first rate product. I went to their website and couldn't find anything about 14 receiver's. I'm guessing that they may have sold unfinished receivers at one time and someone tried to finish one that ended up like that. I am going to call them on Monday and ask. They also have first rate customer service. It is a small family business. They sell unfinished 1911 frames and slides as well as ready to shoot pistols and just about every thing in between, even a bunch of used ones when they have them.
Edit: I would have to have it in hand to inspect before I would want it. What does the ad say? Has it been heat treated?

·
Registered
52 Posts
A+ finish on the 1911 frames I bought a year or so ago. Really impressed with service and finish, but that m14 reciever certainly does not look like it is done to the same specs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts