M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been shooting more and more since retirement. Looks like about 3K of casings that need some tender care and refilling. Start today with running the annealer.

[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/nf1e/p/25e50dfe-ef01-465f-9b47-e151a2f7d38a][/URL]

I just love loading in the other end of the shop while the annealer is running and setting up time with it's clink, clink, clink. Only have to go down occasionally and refill the case reservoir. Whatta Hobby!

[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/nf1e/p/cfae332b-95db-4913-950a-892da1ddac7e][/URL]

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How do you like it is it worth it?
It's still here. That should say something. Have loaded maybe 20 to 25K with it so far. Works fine for me.
While a bunch of brass in running through the thumler and dryer, my project is to load a couple of hundred MEN 94 cases I had prepped and primed since Spring. Ran out of my precision 136 gr loads yesterday. That hasn't happened in a long time. Guess I just got carried away.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Been doing a bit of brass processing myself.

Tumbled (no pins, stuff was dirty), decapped, swagged, sized and tumbled (with pins) again 1500 9mm cases over the weekend.

Clean and ready to reload with primers, powder and bullets.

Then started on the .223 cases Monday night for the first time ever, since I began reloading.

Never had an AR until I bought the wife a Ruger AR556 for her birthday this year.

Been processing 1000 Lake City once fired 1974-75 cases.

Tumbled (no pins), decapped, now working on swagging.

200 down, 800 to go.
20201208_140204.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't think I have loaded any .223 in nearly 20 years. Still have a ton of components, powder and primers to keep me busy if I ever need them.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Heck......I've only shot maybe one magazine worth through a buddies AR.

This is the first .223 I've ever loaded, cute little things compared to .308 and 30.06.

Even the 30 carbine is more impressive size wise.

·
Premium Member
Forum Punching Bag
595 Posts
I'm terrified to reload, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall and watch while someone else does it.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heck......I've only shot maybe one magazine worth through a buddies AR.

This is the first .223 I've ever loaded, cute little things compared to .308 and 30.06.

Even the 30 carbine is more impressive size wise.
Rgr that. First time I loaded .223 I ended up with cases stuck in the sizing die a few times. Once I got the idea down, it never happened again. Never had trouble with any of the larger bottlenecks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts