M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a bit on the chilly side when I got to the range this morning, ten degrees. But it warmed up. I've attached some pictures, two of my girls. A shot of the target, the aiming points are 1 1/8 inch. The targets on the left were shot with my standard wood stock. The right was shot with my loaded JAE stock. The good groups are the ones shot when I paid attention to my breathing. I've also put some pictures of the shooting stations taken from the 100 yd line. A shot of the road coming in, and a shot of my truck and steps up to the shooting stations. It was 22 degrees when we left at noon. It was A great day at the range , no wind!

·
Administrator
18,174 Posts
Research, still the only game in town......

Great looking rigs, and fine shooting. Thanks for the pictures.DI5

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good report, cold day, but it looks like fun.

I miss that range. As a twenty-something kid, I used to plink dumped junk at the 300 yd line with my M1A back in the 90's at the range.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Nice rifles, nice range and a great day with family. Sounds pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,116 Posts
Ah... Nostalgia

I spent many hours shooting on the Carson City range before moving to Oregon. It's a great little 300 yard set up even though it lacks a pit. Monthly high power (100 yard) matches are held there throughout the year - even in the snow.

I was a member of the Carson City Park & Recreation Commission when it was desided to build this range. The original CC range belonged to the Carson Rifle & Pistol Club until the county desided it needed a new golf course. We did a county wide search and found this location above Brunswick Canyon just above the Carson River. It was just a bowl at the time, being used by the Sheriff for training. Now it's a County Shooting Park that gets regular use. It's also a no fee park (for the time being) and open all the time.

I hope any of you passing through the area will take advantage of this range and enjopy a nice day shooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts