M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the carbon fiber M-14 stocks made by McCann Industries. I understand that this stock is lightweight (web page claims 24 ounces) but is it as durable as the heavier aluminum platforms that are out there? This would make a good "tactical" stock without having to deal with the added weight but if it can't take a beating I'm not waistin' my money. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
467 Posts
No experience with them, but if a stock is laid up with carbon fiber matting to an appropriate thickness, has no voids in the matting, and is correctly saturated with the resin they use when it all goes under vacuum, you * SHOULD * have a very strong, light stock.

Abuse absorption? Same thing... it should take whatever you can dish out, assuming it is a well-built product.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I talked with Richard McCann a couple times about that carbon fiber stock and he stands behind it saying it is one BAD motor scooter. He sounds meticulous in his work. Only reason I didn't jump on it was the price and the long wait. He has quite a long backorder so somebody is picking them up. In my mind, there's no doubt, it's a good product. In fact, I've never heard a complaint on them. Would love to hold one and see for myself.

·
Registered
229 Posts
its very nice and light. i have used it at a carbine class because it handles so well. Glad i waited for mine. I have a lrb rear lug so he bedded it in with carbon fiber and resin like the stock material, so the bedding is part of the stock.P_G

·
Registered
96 Posts
I looked at the carbon fiber stock as well. Maybe when funds are available and I upgrade to the way I want it, then I may bauy one.

Nice stock though.

Scott E.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts