Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met a buddy at the range and he pulled this out:

I wasn't impressed until he opened it:

I guess the idea is a thief wouldn't bother to break into your car to steal road signs. He said he bought it at a trade show a few months back. I've searched for something like it, but no luck so far. Does anybody make something similar?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Creative thinking to fool a thief. I'd like to see something similar for a long gun. My pistol is usually in its holster or center council for fast access while I'm in my truck. I tend not to leave it in the truck, if a business is a gun free zone I go somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Not a bad idea. However, when thieves break into cars and steal stuff, they take everything that's within sight that time allows. I wouldn't trust this would work every time. I've been looking into center consol safes for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
In the eyes of a most POS thieves every one of those items, as posted-shiny new & good quality , would mean a quick $5.-$20..
That's beer or bud money for them.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I use padded tennis racket cases for my AR/ AK pistols and my AK underfolder. There's a side pocket with enough room for 4 AR mags or two AK steelies.

Reactions: USMC Gunny
G

·
My GF was a smash and grab victim hit 15 cars in one parking lot, key observation was that everything that could be grabbed, was grabbed, from the cars in just a few minutes time. Meaning, that hazard case is going to be long gone and won't be overlooked in that situation. Thief get's home and he's really scored when he opens it. Never a good idea to leave a gun in a car for any reason. that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
All one would have to do is pick up the case while rummaging through the car to notice something was amis with that case. It would be much lighter with the plastic hazard signs

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the idea is a thief wouldn't break into your car just to steal road flares. If they break in to steal the expensive stuff left in plain view you got what you deserve.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Most of the thieves around here wouldn't be able to read what was on that case. Might want to inscribe work boots or father's day cards on it. Those are usually the only things left in a looted Wal-mart, give it a try. Trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use an old pro-gard locking gun rack from a squad car that I bought at a local police auction a few years ago. It isn't stealthy and I had to bolt it up in my trunk, but it is reasonably secure and I bought it for $4.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.