M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
eWRXshun you might be able to tweak it but, be certain to check your headspace when finished. I think your best bet is to send it back
to SA....that's what the warranty is for, they will make it right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there anyway for me to confirm my suspicions of a canted barrel? the front sight post appears to be ever so slightly twisted to the left when i line up the sights, but that could just be my eyes fooling me. i'm paranoid like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the front sight post appears to be tilted to the left just a little bit in the sight picture but like i said, i could be mistaken. the post is centered in the base.......when i sighted in the rifle at 50yds yesterday, i used the windage knob (it was a bit breezy out so i wasn't going to bother adjusting the front site for something i'd change soon enough and at a longer range). the rear site is moved to the right about halfway past the 1st click.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It doesn't really do anything to accuracy. It sounds like you are 5 clicks from center to zero the rifle? I think the spec on a GI rifle was 4 clicks. Personally, I'd move the front sight and be happy.

Ty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, i am 5 clicks right windage at zero. my canting suspicion is from the front site post being ever so slightly crooked, leaning towards the left, in the sight picture. i don't know if its my eyes tricking me or not. i need to get a couple other people to look through the sights and see what they think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a similar effect with my front sight post looking like it was leaning to the right. I think it is the combo of my eyes/glasses because if I look over the rear peep, rather than throught it, and attempt to look at the front sight post more through the center of my glasses lens, rather than the upper left corner as when sighting, the front post looks straight.

Man..... was that a mouthful or what?!?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Try looking from the muzzle end of the rifle. Quite often it is easier to see a barrel that is not indexed properly. You can always use two small levels, one on the flat part of the receiver heel and the other on the flat part of the gas cylinder.

Regards

Ox

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.