M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've disassembled my Loaded M1A about a million times. I just picked up a used Scout and can't get the trigger group out for its initial cleaning.

It looks like the trigger guard isn't swinging out the full distance... at least as far as I'm used to seeing.

That's as far as I can get it to swing out.

What do I need to look at before resorting to brute force?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Check the pin for the mag release to see if it's slipped out a little and blocking the trigger guard. You can probably carefully slip a flat blade screw driver in there from the magwell and push it back in to get the guard to swing open. A trigger group I had did this a few times before I replaced the mag release pin.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was it. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Bingo! Ya gotta love this place....Time to response was 10 minutes! Nice shot NoExpert.

Congrats on that new BangStick, by the way!DI5

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have never had this happen, but a good thing for the ole noggin if it ever does.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely a great community of folks. So where can I get a replacement pin? This one is pretty chewed up.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Definitely a great community of folks. So where can I get a replacement pin? This one is pretty chewed up.
Any good local hardware store will have roll pins. A standard 1/8" X 5/8" roll pin will work. If you cant find that size buy the next size up in length and trim it with a dremel or hand tool to fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts