M14 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Trump stepped in it when he declared that he had the sole power to tell the states when to reopen or not. He soon found out this was not so and dialed that back and stopped saying it. He is still learning.
Some states give broader powers to their Gov's than others. Here in WA our Gov., has absolute power to continue this shut down as long as HE sees fit and is doing so now. He has us on a 4 phase plan that probably wont end until at least August and could go well beyond depending on the "data" he receives. The only thing that can change this is the state legislature, which being mostly run by demtards will have little incentive to do so as our Gov is their hero.
As far as our Bill of Rights goes. Its like so many things in life. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Is it immune from attack? Hardly. Will it survive, yes I think it will.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Trump stepped in it when he declared that he had the sole power to tell the states when to reopen or not. He soon found out this was not so and dialed that back and stopped saying it. He is still learning.
Some states give broader powers to their Gov's than others. Here in WA our Gov., has absolute power to continue this shut down as long as HE sees fit and is doing so now. He has us on a 4 phase plan that probably wont end until at least August and could go well beyond depending on the "data" he receives. The only thing that can change this is the state legislature, which being mostly run by demtards will have little incentive to do so as our Gov is their hero.
As far as our Bill of Rights goes. Its like so many things in life. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Is it immune from attack? Hardly. Will it survive, yes I think it will.
Thank you, I believe this was from April 13th,not Monday.

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
It can be hoped that Trump's Faux Pas on the limits of presidential authority will help to define these limits for future presidents.

I would hope that the press will remember this and apply it to other presidents regardless of party affiliation or ideologic orientation.

I was trying to be sub-inflammatory. There is a lot of loud talk out there on about anything. Everybody seems to be "OUTRAGED!" by something anymore.

Just pointing out that Trump's remarks and the follow-up fall out will set a widely promoted and loudly proclaimed precedent setting limits on a president's, any president's, authority for the future.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
All of this talk of WoRsHiP and SeRvIcEs has me confused.

I mean, as long as good Ol' Kenny Copeland is up and running, what is there to be worried about?

GI2

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2s0nB2VPvs"]Ken Copeland's Wind Of God REMIX - WTFBRAHH - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
Save the Country - Vote Libertarian
146 Posts
Not a chance
Agree. Just like people who play it off as a faux-pas when Trump does it but be outraged if Obama had, leftists will be outraged when Trump does it and forgive it when a Dem does. Only those without partisan bias can recognize wrong regardless of party

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Were it not an election year, with all it's accompanying hyperbole, perhaps more factual information would be forthcoming, allowing people to conduct their own risk analysis of the activities they choose to engage in.
Religious activities are personal truths, at least as valid as any LSM blather.
The pandemic is a wonderful opportunity for attacks on our rights. We witnessed the morphing of FISA warrants, originally championed by current AG willybarr as a tool in the War on some Drugs, to being pretty handy in the War on Terror. More recently, it was used by TLA's in an attempted coup on a sitting president. Adam Shiftless used it to depose fifty three secret witnesses and then claim that he had first hand knowledge of presidential misdeeds. If the fibbies can do an end run on POTUS's rights, what makes you think you have any?
Who knows what Rights pandemic measures will undermine? The only sure bet is that the usurpations won't end with the wu-flu.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You've never had any more or less Rights than you are willing to kill or die for...In the end it always comes down to that basic principle. The 2A is merely a declaration of this fact written down to remind would be tyrants of it's existence. It's up to We the People to preserve it, by force if need be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like it here. I really like it here and I really like the idea of not going to war in the streets over what some goober on television says or upon an amateur's view of constitutional law. Or virology or epidemiology or any other area of knowledge.

The Bill of Rights contains only one amendment that guarantees the right to own and bear arms and only one that addresses religion in any way, specifically "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."

On the other hand four of those first ten amendments speak to criminal procedure. Obviously the founders were lots more worried about an intrusive government using criminal law for reasons other than public safety than about guns or religion.

With that in mind seems to me silly in the extreme to complain about the Bill of Rights on a day when the SCOTUS handed down this unanimous opinion.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/bridgegate-nj-ruling-opinion-supreme-court/index.html

Which just happened to be the same day that the DOJ filed this motion in the Flynn case:

https://justthenews.com/sites/default/files/2020-05/FLYNN_MTD_FILED.pdf

My bishop and the bishops of two contiguous states have shut our churches down -- not the government. Our pastor sent an e-mail yesterday about reopening. He is more concerned than his bishop about folks getting ill. "Pastor" comes from the Latin word for "shepherd." Maybe he really is just doing his job, protecting his sheep.

I'm as distrustful of authority as anyone I know but I defer to professionals. I'm okay with tools but I ain't flying in an airplane whose engine I rebuilt. When I get sick I go to the doctor. I haven't done my own tax return in 40 years. In short I really do believe in the Constitution and in our independent judiciary. That means I save getting worked up for when it really matters.

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I like it here. I really like it here and I really like the idea of not going to war in the streets over what some goober on television says or upon an amateur's view of constitutional law. Or virology or epidemiology or any other area of knowledge.

The Bill of Rights contains only one amendment that guarantees the right to own and bear arms and only one that addresses religion in any way, specifically "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."

On the other hand four of those first ten amendments speak to criminal procedure. Obviously the founders were lots more worried about an intrusive government using criminal law for reasons other than public safety than about guns or religion.

With that in mind seems to me silly in the extreme to complain about the Bill of Rights on a day when the SCOTUS handed down this unanimous opinion.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/bridgegate-nj-ruling-opinion-supreme-court/index.html

Which just happened to be the same day that the DOJ filed this motion in the Flynn case:

https://justthenews.com/sites/default/files/2020-05/FLYNN_MTD_FILED.pdf

My bishop and the bishops of two contiguous states have shut our churches down -- not the government. Our pastor sent an e-mail yesterday about reopening. He is more concerned than his bishop about folks getting ill. "Pastor" comes from the Latin word for "shepherd." Maybe he really is just doing his job, protecting his sheep.

I'm as distrustful of authority as anyone I know but I defer to professionals. I'm okay with tools but I ain't flying in an airplane whose engine I rebuilt. When I get sick I go to the doctor. I haven't done my own tax return in 40 years. In short I really do believe in the Constitution and in our independent judiciary. That means I save getting worked up for when it really matters.
Yes, we have freedom to choose in these matters. The first amendment prohibits the government from restricting the freedom to worship in the manner we choose. To disperse or fine a congregation that choose to self isolate in their cars by families is preventing them from worshiping as they see fit. Congregants that stay home at the direction of their pastor or bishop are dousing the same, that is worshiping as they choose.

And its not just the First Amendment or The Bill of rights that has been jeopardized. I believe that the closure of many businesses by state and local jurisdictions violates the Commerce Clause in the body of The Constitution for example.

I am convinced that these actions and others will come before the SCOTUS in due time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Constitution threads by people educated in public schools.
Very cute.

You have no Rights. Zero. None.
You have a carefully crafted set of permissions with carefully crafted rhetoric to make you accept the abridgements to your Rights (crowded theater canards and the like).

You have no Right to keep and bear arms, you have permissions to own a carefully controlled subset of available weapons based on their approvals.

There are no Rights that are not as of now erased, abridged, or meaningless.

Not to worry. This all happened in 1865 with the Reconstruction Amendments; with the 14th Amendment in particular simply rewriting the Constitution. Almost everything you find annoying today can be traced to that amendment.

Reconstruction was when the Constitution took a huge shift from restricting the government into restricting the Citizen.

Anyway, it's always fun to talk about it, but that's all it ever is.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Wichita, I looked up and read the 14 amendment. I don’t really see your conclusion about restricting govt to restricting citizens.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
Well, all "Gun Laws" are basically an infringement on the 2A.

Even concealled carry permits are really out of bounds and a pet peeve of mine although I am sure it is a money maker for the State.

Witchita you said, "you have permissions to own a carefully controlled subset of available weapons based on their approvals."

This is true and what I hope we are fighting all the time even though it seems the Left is in a never ending battle to disarm us completely!

If ANY Gun Owner today can not see that NOW is the time to get into the struggle then I guess He/She, deserves to be a victim of their own making!

Time...is...running...OUT!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Section 2.

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state.
Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Section 4.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5.

The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Attachments

Reactions: m14brian

·
Registered
56 Posts
You've never had any more or less Rights than you are willing to kill or die for...In the end it always comes down to that basic principle. The 2A is merely a declaration of this fact written down to remind would be tyrants of it's existence. It's up to We the People to preserve it, by force if need be.
CLAP2

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I'm amazed at how many of you have given up your rights and surrendered to this level of tyranny these governors are pushing down our throats.

I remember my oath i swore to uphold and defend and i must have missed the part that said if there was a virus it is void.

So here's what is unconstitutional and a violation of peoples civil rights.

Arresting someone because they are going to church is against freedom of religon

Telling people they cant protest is against freedom of assembly.

Illegal traffic stops by law enforcement pulling over someone with OUT reasonable cause of a crime being committed (and driving to the park is NOT reasonable cause)
What is this nazi germany now where we need to carry papers with us to proove we are essential personal? Papers please!

These governors are out of there mind. You want to me to now violate the civil rights of law abiding citizens because we have a virus. Not going happen.

Unconstitutional law isn't law.

Deceleration of independence all men are created equal and among these we have the right to liberty and the pursit of happiness.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts