M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm a 7 year USMC Iraq Vet, 50% disabled by VA with honorable discharge. Does anyone know if I am allowed to purchase a S&W M&P rifle?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hobo, because I see some sites saying it's for Active/Reserve/Retired and LEO only.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Virginia has no such restrictive laws that I know of. You might go to the BATFE's web site and look over a Form 4473 and quiz yourself can you answer it all truthfully in such a way that a federally-licensed firearms dealer wouldn't have to refuse to sell you a gun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bd111, very helpful! Looks like this will be my next weapon!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The S&W M&P is a semi auto rifle and not restricted for sale to LEO's, etc.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The shop I picked up my M&P 10 at had ones that were LEO restricted, the only difference is they can have the evil features I can't and the LEO discount. I walked in, and walked out twenty minutes later with mine.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Yes you can. M&p is just a name.

It's not actually for military and police only.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to buy an M&P pistol last year from Quantico Tactical in VA and they wouldn't sell it to me. No longer active duty :(

·
Registered
502 Posts
A friend of mine bought a M&P 9 just fine, and about 5 years ago I bought a M&P15 in Pennsylvania without any trouble. You should go to a different shop.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
You said Quantico Tactical wouldn't sell it to you or they would sell it to you but not give you the discount for the LEO/Military?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
You can purchase one. There semi auto only, I have a M&P 15 sport that I purchased. Now in some states you can't have a flash hider or bayonet lugs so your mileage may very.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Could this discussion be confused with purchasing an MP5?

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Unless there's something in your criminal history or if your discharge was based on mental conditons that prohibits you from buying any firearm you are good to go.

I'm a retired cop with a retirement badge and it worked just fine for the cop discount when I bought an M&P .40 as a present for my son's graduation. I also know that Glock sells their blue label pistols to cops with three magazines to both active and retired cops at a killer price. I think that the same deal is available from Glock for firemen as well as for honorably retired vets. Check it out...

7th

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'm pretty sure he was referring to a wholesaler that sells at a discount to LEO/Active Military, etc. Buds Police Supply is one such entity, but they also sell at regular prices to all people through Bud Guns. There are other stores that offer the same deals to military, police, and such. There are no restrictions on ownership by any individuals that I am aware of, unless your state has some goofy laws on mags or configuration issues of the rifle, or you cannot get approved by NICS.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Lol nothing worse than 10 people guessing what the op meant...

Check threads you start frequently!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
lI found the straight skinny on the Glocks for Cops, along with the link if anyone is interested. When I bought my Glock 30 they made a copy of my police badge and ID card to include with my paper work.

http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Glock Blue Label Program
GLOCK is proud to offer the exclusive Blue Label program to support those who protect and serve communities across the U.S. and around the world. Those who qualify will receive a discount on any GLOCK pistol of their choice.

Those who qualify include:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
State Licensed Armed Security Officers
Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy

For more information, please fill out and submit the form below and GLOCK will connect you with a Blue Label distributor as soon as possible. For inquiries after your submission, please email [email protected].

To receive the Blue Label program price, you must present an authorized I.D., including a Law Enforcement photo I.D., original department official use letter or other authorized I.D.:
GLOCK Military verification form
Federal Law Enforcement (such as FBI, US Marshal, DEA) business card
A driver’s license is NOT acceptable as I.D. to transfer a GLOCK LE Pistol

7th

1 - 20 of 25 Posts