M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever modified their bolt gun to accept M14 mags??

I have a Remi-700 SPS stainless and REALLY want to use M14 mags to feed her....HELP!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, this is possible but, expensive. Mo's Competitior Supply performs this service. The phone number is: 202-775-1013.

This has also been explored on other forums. Good luck and good shooting.

tn hp

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just spoke to "Mo" and he informed me he no longer does the M14 mag conversion any longer. He does have a diffrent product but you have to use a specific mag.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Had a lot of feeding problems with M700 detachable magazines, mostly double feeding problems.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I use the Badger Ordance detachable magazine bottom metal on my Rem. 700 which uses the AI magazines. I have this Remmy in a McMillan A-5 stock. You can get 10 round AI mags for short actions and 5 round mags for long actins. The Badger Ordance bottom metal is milled aluminum and is a good quality piece as well as other milled bottom metal offered by other companies. I don't see too much of the stamped steel type units in the disiplin I shoot as they usually are sketchy at best with feeding problems and magazine well fit. The only downside to the Badger Ordance and other similar milled offerings out there is the price.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Robar were I think the first ones to do this but to my knowlege havne't done them in some time. When they did it was pretty expensive as it took a lot of work to get it fitted properly including modding the receiver. As was stated earlier, most people have been doing conversions lately based on the AI mags. CDI bottom metal seems to be a good choice at a good price but there are others as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stop the insanity with a M14 magazine conversion. MCORPS1The M14 conversion became obsolete once Badger developed their BDM. The m14 conversion is very labor intensive, including smith work on your reciever, and the reliability was hit or miss. With the Badger Ordinance and others like it, you only have to mill out the stock and the magazines feed very reliably. Take a look at the following manufactures, they all make very reliable BDM's
  • Badger Ordinance
  • Surgeon
  • Seekin's Precision
  • CDI
  • American Precision Arms
  • RD Precision
  • H-S Precision

·
Registered
343 Posts
Stop the insanity with a M14 magazine conversion. MCORPS1The M14 conversion became obsolete once Badger developed their BDM. The m14 conversion is very labor intensive, including smith work on your reciever, and the reliability was hit or miss. With the Badger Ordinance and others like it, you only have to mill out the stock and the magazines feed very reliably. Take a look at the following manufactures, they all make very reliable BDM's
  • Badger Ordinance
  • Surgeon
  • Seekin's Precision
  • CDI
  • American Precision Arms
  • RD Precision
  • H-S Precision
+1 These are much better then machining the bottom of your action to fit a M-14 magazine. I know the Badger and Seekins feed flawlessly in the rifles i have personal seen.

Good luck

Jerry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not to hijack this thread,but I have a related question. Does anyone know if someone offers a quality conversion to allow a Winchester Model 70 controlled feed action to accept M-14 magazines? Thank You.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would say no, but let's see what others may have found.

L

edt: Problem with conversion kits like that is they are so specific to individual rifles that it's not cost effective to produce. And not a big market for those that try.

L

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Not to hijack this thread,but I have a related question. Does anyone know if someone offers a quality conversion to allow a Winchester Model 70 controlled feed action to accept M-14 magazines? Thank You.
Hijack it? You brought it back from the dead!

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I fail to see the purpose of a 20rd bolt action sporter.

The US Army tried 1903s and 1917s fitted with 20rd BAR mags back in the 20s and saw it was useless then.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ok, old thread, but this may be of interest from a historical viewpoint.

This is the only Mo Defina’s conversion of a Remington 700 to a box magazine that I have ever seen. This was a 223 magazine conversion.

If you notice the amount of machining it took to make it work, on the bolt and on top of the magazine lips. They are machined, I assume to clear the bolt body.

This gentleman had a SAKO extractor installed and the longer bolt handle was welded.

The owner told me this was a very expensive conversion.

I found it interesting, and something that would have been done before decent space guns came on the market.

Someone could call Mo’s (Mo's Competitor Supplies & Range, Inc. -- MCS Inc., 34 Delmar Dr., Brookfield, Connecticut 06804 ph:203-775-1013) and see if he does a 308 conversion.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If only somebody would come up with an "adapter" system with interchangeable parts to allow a variety common rifles of a particular cartridge to accept a variety common magazines for that cartridge.

But that even SOUNDS very complicated

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
there is someone out there that does this to mausers, so i bet they could easily do a r700

1 - 20 of 26 Posts