M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in a trade for a Springfield fiberglass stock done in Mossy Oak Break Up camo. This pattern doesn't quite match the MOBU, and Springfield says that they've never offered anything but the MOBU. It's brown on the inside, so it looks like one of Fulton's or someone else's aftermarket; not silver like USGI. Anybody got any ideres?

[/img]

Taz

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have two of SA's MOBU stocks. 'Cept one of the stocks looks to have more of a green hue to it. The other is more brown, like the one below.

Looking at yours it appears to be one of the "Greener" hues. Compare it with the color of mine below. Does it look greener to you?

If I put the "Green" handguard with the "Brown" stock, or vice versa, they look oddly mismatched.

Or, perhaps the pattern on your HG is laid out in a different direction than the stock causing it to look out of place.

Perhaps either could be the case with yours. I dunno for sure. :?

But it looks like the same MOBU, as both of mine, to me.

I don't use the MOBU HG's anyway.

:evil: I like the vented black HG's 'cause they look more EVIL ! ! ! :evil:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My stock looks like yours, lots more brown than green. The pattern on the handguard looks to be similar, but as you said, it's more green than brown. I just ordered a handguard from SA today; hope it matches. If it doesn't, I may just put a black one on it like yours. Thanks, Taz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.