M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally settled on a camo design for my M1A. Took some time to figure out the pattern I wanted but I'm very pleased with it!GITEN hope you enjoy...

Here is the rifle during the base coat process. It started out as an SAI synthetic OD green. I used automotive bumper etching compound to prep it, then used a degreaser on it, let it dry, and then hit it with Krylon Khaki Camo paint. 3 coats, drying in between.

Here it is after I did the stencil work. I used some artificial grasses from Wal Mart layed over the stock and then misted over them with Krylon matte black camo paint.

Turned out great IMO, and very cost effective!!! $10 total and took maybe a couple of hours in labor.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Looks great! So nice I wouldn't want to use it. LOL GI5

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Nice work. The result far exceeds your budget approach. Interesting use of the Wally World grass.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That looks very nice, great job.

·
Registered
796 Posts
nice. mine was a few cans of krylon buy a friend

here is a bush rifle that started life as a loaded and went back to SAI by a previously owner and was converted to bush config. custom gi stock painted by a friend for our local hills where we have some shooting access via a 3rd freind with acreage serial in the 145k range. all GI parts as well except the barrel. sorry for bad pic quality

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
updated picture

Here is the rifle with some upgrades installed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts