M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the matching magnifier for my eotech 553, nice clear glass arms integrated mount like the 553 and nice smooth flip to the side action, the only complaint the eye relive sucks I feel likes I have to be less inch away to get a clear view but I don't want to end up with a ring around my eye when I pull the trigger, anybody have any experience with the eotech magnifier G32

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Well, it was designed with the AR in mind...so eye relief probably wasn't a major concern.

I remember seeing an adjustable magnification one awhile ago, believe it was by Vortex or Lucid. A little bit heavier, but good reviews. And what's a little added weight on an EBR anyway?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a similar magnifier for my aim point. It is the same way. You need to be almost up against it.
any issues coming home from the range with a ring around your eye?, I think I might just drop the magnifier it works but I don't like being that close

·
Registered
434 Posts
I run it on one of my ARs. I don’t think would try it on anything with a larger than .223, or it might hit me in the face.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
To help take away some of the sting of your dissatisfaction, I'd like to offer you $5 for your Magnifier.

Please don't make me regret my extreme generosity...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello lord of war 619, It looks like your magnifier is to far from your Eotech by a couple of inches. If you notice on the military M4 rails they are really close together. Might try that. Just a thought!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lucky I got a decent deal and only paid $400 for the magnifier, but adding everything up $600 eotech, $400 magnifier $50 sage rail, I should have just gone with a 1-4x scope and mount, but I want a cqb set up so the magnifier is going to go

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Had a friend with the same setup on his Socom. When I asked how good the magnifier worked, his comment was that it was like trying to look thru a plastic soda straw. He has since sold it off. When buying a new piece of gear, it always pays to look at a few Product Comment/Review Sections. dozier

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have an aimpoint and thought it was fine for me, I'll check it out tonite when I get home and see what the eye relief is and post. Maybe the aimpoint is different.
If your interested I can send you mine to try out to see if you like it better then send it back.

Pm me if you want.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello lord of war 619, It looks like your magnifier is to far from your Eotech by a couple of inches. If you notice on the military M4 rails they are really close together. Might try that. Just a thought!
Might be the pictures but they are mounted in the same position there is no way to mount them closer unless I use a acog mount but I don't want to lose my irons, I had seen this pictures for years and wanted to replicate it for years thinking it would be a good set up, some pictures just look cool but you live and learn

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an aimpoint and thought it was fine for me, I'll check it out tonite when I get home and see what the eye relief is and post. Maybe the aimpoint is different.
If your interested I can send you mine to try out to see if you like it better then send it back.

Pm me if you want.
I appreciate the offer brother, but I lost touch of what I actually wanted which was a cqb set up, my mod 1 and mod 0 are my mid range set up, this one was suppose to be a lighter more practical set up I got over ambitious buying the magnifier, should have stuck with the original plan of just the eotech which is fine out to 300 yards

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I raise the offer to 20 Iraqi Dinar.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts