M14 Forum banner

Calverton Range

10420 Views 36 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  IraG2362
Looking at some of these threads, I saw a few references to the Calverton Range.
I remember back in the 70s or early 80s driving down the L I E to I think Ext 72 and hanging a right. I remember old George sitting under a beach umbrella next to a beat up 63 Chevy and handing him 5 bucks to shoot for the day. Anyone else go back that far?.............Lew
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
4,388 Posts
While we are talking about T & T, Here are some Newsday ads, from back at that time. Enjoy!
I wish Prices now!
Can you remember around what year the ad's are from?

· Registered
97 Posts
One ad was dated July 6, 1987, and the other was August 8, 1987. Its always fun finding stuff like that. A while back I found a receipt from my Dad's purchase of a brand new Remington 721D, from Stoeger Arms, Long Island City warehouse. The price was $48.11, and the special, hand delivery shipping to my Dad's house was a massive 78 cents!

· Registered
134 Posts
That date is about right. I bought a few M1 Garands for around $279 and a few M1 carbines for just under $200. I bought so many guns, ammo, mags and stuff from them including my first M1A.

I stopped by back in the early to mid 2000s and they were a shell of their former self.

· Registered
97 Posts
That date is about right. I bought a few M1 Garands for around $279 and a few M1 carbines for just under $200. I bought so many guns, ammo, mags and stuff from them including my first M1A.

I stopped by back in the early to mid 2000s and they were a shell of their former self.
They had to remodel after hurricane Sandy, They had a couple feet of water in the place. If in the area for work, I'll drop in there, maybe once-twice a year. There still can be deals to be found in there, but, I agree with you, not nearly what it used to be.

· Registered
270 Posts
Canman, there are couple of us on this
thread who KNOW what a can man is!!
Tip of the spear!!!!
The truck is where it's at.

Interesting memories of Calverton...will
have to run by and take a look next time
I am back home on "the Island".

· Registered
4,388 Posts
LI born and raised. Use to hit Calverton in the late 80’s and early 90’s when the short lady with no teeth was the RO. Lol.
I think she had one tooth, LOL. She was an Ok RO. she did not take any BS.

Reactions: IraG2362
21 - 37 of 37 Posts