M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is moving to Los Angeles and wants a concealed carry permit.

Can someone please direct me to the best resource for learning about California gun laws and if it is even possible for her to get a CCW? We also need to know what the laws are regarding owning a handgun and keeping it in an apartment.

I don't know if it matters, but her legal residence is Virginia now. She does not have a Virginia CHP now. Would getting one before she moves help? We didn't pursue one before because she lived in Boston where you have to have a permit to carry Mace. (No, I didn't make that up... )

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Moving to LA she probably has no chance of getting a CCW unless she's a LEO or some government position, and even then it's not guaranteed.

Keeping a handgun in her apartment is fine as long as it's properly locked up (really helps when someone breaks in huh?).

Hit up calguns.net

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
NoExpert got it, and I think when he said probably he means you can obtain one if you are a senator, or the gov or some high position in the political arena, like California's favorite senator Dianne Feinstein.

Yup, unless your one of those politician you can forget it and the application fess are high.

Moving to LA she probably has no chance of getting a CCW unless she's a LEO or some government position, and even then it's not guaranteed.

Keeping a handgun in her apartment is fine as long as it's properly locked up (really helps when someone breaks in huh?).

Hit up calguns.net

·
Registered
308 Posts
But if she does manage to get one in LA, please let the rest of us know how she did it...We have a better chance of winning the lotto here than getting ccws...

+1 cal guns

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
She will NOT get a CCW in LA county.
Simple, unconstitutional, reality.
open carry is still legal, although they are trying to ban that too.

I can't pay off bills and move out of this sinking ship fast enough.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The Sheriff of your home county also has the ability to grant CCW's. Some counties in California (Shasta, Mendocino) are easier to get a CCW from than others. Unfortunately Los Angeles County is among the most restrictive places in the world in which to live and the only people that carry concealed are big-dollar political donors and career criminals (some would say those are one in the same).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.