M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
California is going for the goal of being worse on the 2nd Amendment for the common people over New Jersey, Hawaii and New York. The 2nd Amendment does not exist in these four States anymore in my opinion. If you are in the circle of one of the oligarch elites then the tyrant laws do not apply to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why are they picking on HK?
The specific reason they cited was under CCR, Title 11, Section 4070(C):

(c) A handgun model may be removed from the Roster for any of the following reasons:
(1) If the annual maintenance fee is not paid as set forth in Penal Code section 32015, subdivision (b).
(2) If it is determined that the handgun models submitted for testing were modified in any way from those that were sold after certification was granted.
(3) If it is determined that the handgun is in fact unsafe based upon further testing.
(1) doesn't apply, because H&K already paid the roster renewal fee for this year at the beginning of 2022, and (3) is probably not the case because it's unlikely the gun had a hidden defect that went unnoticed. The consensus here in CA is that H&K changed something in how the guns were manufactured, CA DoJ learned about it and derostered the USP series. Even something as simple as changing how a tiny part on the gun is made can cause it to drop off-roster.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
It has to do with micro-stamping the firing pin to stamp either the serial number or some kind of identifying mark on the primer. Their screwy idea is that if they recover the the spent cartridge, they can trace it back to the shooter.

What's really insidious about this is that Kommifornia also has a "Safe Storage Act". This will comeback and bite the gunowner in the azz!! It says all firearms must be safely stored, out of the reach of children and to prevent theft. If the L.E. finds out the weapons were left out unattended, or negligence as the reason they were left out, the firearms owner better get a lawyer quick!! 🤬 -Lloyd 🤬

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you forgot (4) Just because.
I mean, I'm pretty sure they nitpicked one absolutely minor change and used that as an excuse to invoke 4070(c)(2) and remove all of them from the roster, but there isn't a legal mechanism other than that to arbitrarily remove handguns from the roster just because they want to.

It has to do with micro-stamping the firing pin to stamp either the serial number or some kind of identifying mark on the primer. Their screwy idea is that if they recover the the spent cartridge, they can trace it back to the shooter.
New semiautos need microstamping (along with other things like loaded chamber indicators and magazine disconnects) to be added to the roster unless they're revolvers or not semi-auto guns (the Franklin Armory CA7 AR-15 pistol is technically a magazine-fed, straight-pull pistol which is how they got around this). Existing semiautos are exempt from the microstamping rule as long as they were on-roster when the microstamping rule took effect.

If whatever change HK made is truly minor, they could argue it's essentially a cosmetic variant of an existing approved gun and get it on the roster (i.e. one gun manufacturer has the same gun listed on the roster twice, with one entry describing it as having the serial in a different place). But until we know what exactly HK did, there's no telling if or when these will come back.

·
Registered
464 Posts
What's really insidious about this is that Kommifornia also has a "Safe Storage Act". This will comeback and bite the gunowner in the azz!! It says all firearms must be safely stored, out of the reach of children and to prevent theft. If the law enforcement finds out the weapons were left out unattended, or negligence as the reason they were left out, the firearms owner better get a lawyer quick!! 🤬 -Lloyd 🤬
They cannot have people keeping and bearing arms in California. It makes thugs and tyrants unsafe.

Reactions: jkv45

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
They cannot have people keeping and bearing arms in California. It makes thugs and tyrants unsafe.
Even thought they steal, injure, and kill innocent people - they are still people too!

I mean - who's looking out for them?

As Biden has said - we can't have armed citizens taking justice into their own hands.

Just call the Police...and wait...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts