M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
Was curious who put in this Judge and it was Bush.

Even a little surprised at that.

Not a lot of difference between Obozo (Dim) and Bush(s) (RINO)

Both have been bought and paid for by the Left.

As I have said here before, if we could get more Conservative, Constitutional types in these Courts, it would change the whole Country. (for the better!)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Then put a stay on his own ruling until the appeal happens. -Lloyd BEERCHUG1
I think that was the best action. When he put the stay down, he left in very clear protections that allowed for more lenient grandfathering of recently purchased mags.

If the stay were made by any liberal judge higher up the chain then the protections would never have happened.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Were not some California laws 'grandfathered' into State law when California became a State?
Does history not matter anymore?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Went to my local and dropped more cash than I intend to. Would've spent more but I didn't have the cash. Picked up some surplus stuff that I was told to be Australian. Just so happy to be able to buy ammo without the hoops I didn't have to jump for the state. Got home and like a kid after a good haul Trick Or Treating I looked over my haul. Looking at the boxes of the so called Australian (at least I could read the boxes) a few of them had cotton ribbon around the boxes. Kind a neat. So the package reads

CART
7.62mm
BALL
L2A2
M.F.
13 MAY 1968

The age tripped me out. A while back I was given couple hundred from the same year (or very nearly). Kind a wonder if it was the same guy unloading his pile at different local gun shop? At least they're non corrosive and good enough to break in couple of rifles.

I was doing so good in my "build year" building and buying components. This haul kind a set me back but I figure I'm gonna get my government check any day now? And payday is close enough that I can eat what's in the freezer. Also got corned beef I stocked up on in March needs to get in my belly. I wonder if I can find bread now for the corned beef sandwiches I'll be making?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
From the horses mouth!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – A federal judge on Thursday blocked a California law requiring background checks for people buying ammunition, issuing a sharply worded rebuke of “onerous and convoluted” regulations that violate the constitutional right to bear arms.

U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez in San Diego ruled in favor of the California Rifle & Pistol Association, which asked him to stop the checks and related restrictions on ammo sales.

“The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California’s new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured,” Benitez wrote in a 120-page opinion granting the group's motion for a preliminary injunction.

Voters approved toughening California’s already strict firearms laws in 2016, and the restrictions took effect last July.

New York was the first state to require a comprehensive ammunition background check system for each sale, but it never took effect. That left California as the first to the extend firearm background checks to each ammunition sale.

Four other states – Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts and New Jersey – require buyers to undergo background checks to obtain firearms or ammunition licenses that they must show when buying bullets, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Hannah Shearer, the center’s litigation director, called the ruling “a dangerous step in the wrong direction” at a time when gun stores are seeing increased sales to those worried about the effect of coronavirus on society or their safety.

“The law’s red tape and state database errors made it impossible for hundreds of thousands of law-abiding Californians to purchase ammunition for sport or self-defense,” said Chuck Michel, the association’s general counsel. “The court found that the flimsy reasons offered by the government to justify these constitutional infringements were inadequate.”

Attachments

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Hello, ^^^^^ Seagiant
There you go, you're back in the saddle again...my friend.
Yet, a woman with a feather. Can do some serious business also, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Were not some California laws 'grandfathered' into State law when California became a State?
Does history not matter anymore?
We have a state rep that actually said something about that:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A"]CA Legislature Doesn't Care About the Constitution - YouTube[/ame]

So, right now California's fate is in the hands of judges so we need conservatives to appoint conservative judges.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
The ban is back in effect. An emergency stay on ruling was granted by the 9th..
Hi,
And...Obozo strikes again!!!RNGR4

Attachments

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
The ban is back in effect. An emergency stay on ruling was granted by the 9th..
Well, that was short...

I'm glad SG is such a fast shipper... but that we even get excited about having the same rights as other Americans for a couple days is kind of telling about what has become 'normal'.

I don't mean to be overly dramatic. It's not like they're wholesale kicking down doors yet, or putting people into rail cars, but when the largest 'liberal' state in the country has forgotten that the word liberal refers to liberty, and when they make fun those who value firearms rights by mocking guns as 'liberty dispensers', something has gotten way off track, in that in terms of the root rationale of creating the second amendment, which was established in the Bill of Rights, it a tool meant to ensure exactly that.

To say that those who value rights related to the second amendment, be it firearms, cannons, pikes, swords, arrows, or even rocks, do so at the expense of the safety of those around them, presume to know the character of individuals they've largely never met, largely never genuinely engage in meaningful conversation on the topic, and demonize them at their own peril, not because we are particularly vengeful or retaliatory with the means to inflict harm ourselves, but precisely because people in power often are such, historically do, and do it with the hands and lives of others, which is a far scarier weapon, because it yields near zero risk or consequence to the person wielding it.

Even a slightly rational sociopath is not going to get into a even a lop-sided dual of Russian roulette, regardless of odds, because there is always risk and consequence. But if you put them in a position where they get to use other people's heads who volunteer in the name of 'public safety'... Let the fun begin.

Choir, thank you for the venting opportunity, and my indulgence of the run on sentence.RNGR1

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Disappointing on the stay of the injunction, but not surprising. Remember, Trump has reshaped the 9th, but there is still a slight majority of Dem appointed justices, it's just getting closer to 50/50. There will be many years ahead where the 9th will give us left wing, politically biased rulings, depending on the make up of a panel of justices or an individual one.

That said, this case has yet to be tried on the merits, as the Duncan case already has. While Duncan is in the midst of the appeals process, a summary judgment following a full hearing/trial on the merits has already resulted in District Judge Benitez ruling in our favor. I would expect a similar ruling from him on the ammo case here. Don't know when that hearing will take place, but here is what I hope.

Becerra's main point in getting the stay was that there were no "plaintiffs" who had been denied ammo purchases. That's a classic, magician misdirection statement. It ignores the whopping number of denials of legitimate purchases, who simply don't happen to be party to this case. Smart, technically correct, but intellectually dishonest with regard to the merits of the case. Solution. Plaintiffs need to add a handful of CA citizens who are not prohibited persons- and can prove they were falsely denied- to the case. No expert here, but I think that can still be done. That would obliterate Becerra's major point, and give a huge boost to the standing of the case.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
. . . . and it's happening. Thursday evening at 10:36pm is when I read this thread for the first time, I immediately purchased ammo from Ammo Depot and received a confirmation. At 12:44pm 23 minutes ago, I received an e-mail cancelling my order. If the ammo was not tendered to UPS before the stay at 1:30am this morning the orders cannot be shipped.PEODGIFSOAPBOX1 -Lloyd CENSOREDGI

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
. . . . and it's happening. Thursday evening at 10:36pm is when I read this thread for the first time, I immediately purchased ammo from Ammo Depot and received a confirmation. At 12:44pm 23 minutes ago, I received an e-mail cancelling my order. If the ammo was not tendered to UPS before the stay at 1:30am this morning the orders cannot be shipped.PEODGIFSOAPBOX1 -Lloyd CENSOREDGI
I got one order shipped, one cancelled and one is still up in the air at Midway.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Hello,
Well Shat,
It really looks like some more trail ridding times again, there "Cal boys".
Saddle up them there ponies. We'zz be going for a trail ride...for us ammo fixings, again...
Hey, this ain't our first Rodeo....
The California State Motto for shooters should be " Roll your own or roll the dice"...."Don't pay the extortion price".
As a side note: I'm not advocating breaking any state laws here. Even though, some states, are violating the US constitution with their laws....There's no federal law prohibiting interstate online ammo sales..... Yet, they(States) can override/overlook federal law to allow dope shops too supply marijuana too pacify the masses(sounds so Machavellian).... Don't worry, We know what's good for you, (slide of hand).....
I'm sorry I don't buy it. A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta to do.
Rant over....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think that was the best action. When he put the stay down, he left in very clear protections that allowed for more lenient grandfathering of recently purchased mags.

If the stay were made by any liberal judge higher up the chain then the protections would never have happened.
Damn, one of those times where you hate being right. We can't fix the court system fast enough.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts