M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CA members, if you can, jump on this ASAP!

SB 53 - AMMO PURCHASE PERMITS
SB 199 - BB DEVICE RESTRICTIONS
SB 505 - Mandates gun registration database searches for all LE
welfare checks
SB 580 - Another raid on fees paid by gun owners to fund APPS
gun confiscation
SB 808 - DOJ-ISSUED SERIAL NUMBERS
AB 1014 - 'GUN VIOLENCE' RESTRAINING ORDERS

You can use the CalNRA one-click system for 53, 199, 808, 1014. This will send emails to the entire Assembly, Senate, or the respective Appropriations Committee.

http://www.calnra.com/legs.shtml

For the others go to Firearms Policy Coalitions web site. Small donation requested to cover costs.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/California/

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm stuck here. Have family nearby that won't move. I want to be around them and they will need more help later on as they get older. Trust me I would be on the first thing smoking if it was possible.

·
Registered
762 Posts
For those looking to leave the PRC, a friendly word of advice, where ever it is you decide to go: Integration. Don't be a California who happens to be living in X state. Become a native of X state who happened to have lived in California. Don't bring California with you, wherever it is you decide to go. That can make you downright unpopular, or have people pigeonhole you into something you'd probably rather not be associated with. As a PRC expatriate, more often then not i can spot someone from California pretty quickly.

edit:
back on topic:
SB 53 - AMMO PURCHASE PERMITS
SB 199 - BB DEVICE RESTRICTIONS
Seriously?! Ammo permits, ive heard about before, and that is outrageous enough, but BB guns? You know, cause Jose is doing drive by's with Red Ryder's.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought a place in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas. Will move my evil guns to Nevada when I retire out there. This PRK irritates me.

The CA state legislature is making a mockery of the Second Amendment. It is malicious and intentional. It is probably unconstitutional to maliciously try to circumvent the US Constitution as they do. I would bet that it can be shown that all these laws in whole are malicious in nature with the intent to undermine the US Constitution. I would suggest that there is a legal case/argument here for the NRA to go pursue.

If the State Legislature hates the Second Amendment then instead of making all these friviolous laws that cost money to enforce why not lobby the US Congress to start a Constitutional Amendment process to repeal the second amendment and have it voted on by all 50 states similar to the old Equal Rights Amendment?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Fixed that for you

For those looking to leave the PRC, a friendly word of advice, where ever it is you decide to go: Integration. Don't be a California who happens to be living in X state. Become a native of X state who happened to have lived in California. Don't bring California fix DON'T BRING KALIFORNIA,NEW YORK,NEW JERSEY, CHICAGO , MASSACHUSETTS,CONNECTICUT ,ETC,ETC WITH YOU,WHEREVER YOU DECIDE TO GO . with you, wherever you decide to go. That can make you downright unpopular, or have people pigeonhole you into something you'd probably rather not be associated with. As a PRC expatriate, more often then not i can spot someone from California pretty quickly. fix So can the rest of us....Remember that to call someplace paradise is to kiss it goodbye, don't try to change your new home into your old home, There's a very good reason you left

edit:
back on topic:

Seriously?! Ammo permits, ive heard about before, and that is outrageous enough, but BB guns? You know, cause Jose is doing drive by's with Red Ryder's.
They're following the example of gun control laws in the U.K. they'll soon have a list of approved air rifles that restrict the ft lbs & velocity they're capable of.

·
Registered
309 Posts
They're following the example of gun control laws in the U.K. they'll soon have a list of approved air rifles that restrict the ft lbs & velocity they're capable of.
I did not know that. I don't think the CA legislature is that smart yet about air guns. Reading the revised SB 199 they took out the limitation to true BB/pellet guns, 0.177 caliber. It now only applies to 6mm and 8mm caliber air guns. .177 caliber is 4.5 mm. But most quality air guns are rated by ft lbs of energy as well as muzzle velocity. There are 4.5mm air guns from Germany that have as much ft lbs and velocity as some larger calibers.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For those looking to leave the PRC, a friendly word of advice, where ever it is you decide to go: Integration. Don't be a California who happens to be living in X state. Become a native of X state who happened to have lived in California. Don't bring California with you, wherever it is you decide to go. That can make you downright unpopular, or have people pigeonhole you into something you'd probably rather not be associated with. As a PRC expatriate, more often then not i can spot someone from California pretty quickly.

edit:
back on topic:

It's more than just permits...

- Create a registration database of all ammunition vendors, purchasers, and purchases.
- Effectively ban online ammo sales as we know it.
- Mandate another costly license for gun owners and ammo sellers to acquire.
- Ban private sales and transfers of ammo.
- Eliminate thousands of ammunition “points of purchase” in the state and significantly increase
the cost for law-abiding people to exercise their fundamental Second Amendment rights.
- Eradicate thousands of California businesses currently engaging in the lawful sales of
ammunition for self-defense and sporting purposes at the cost of potentially thousands
of jobs and millions of dollars in lost state and local tax revenues.
- Exempt a massive new regulatory implementation by the Department of Justice from the Administrative Procedure Act and public scrutiny.

Reactions: russ0861 and Deek

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
ptalar I'm sorry I neglected to add the word "If" at the beginning of that quote. I did read the "revised" sb 199 . Since I'm not trained in legal language or "kalifornese" I may be wrong but the revised version looks more like an attempt to control and regulate airsoft guns and limit and to criminalize the sale of and possession of these and air rifles to minors. It also addresses coloring the airsoft guns to a " friendly" color. I wonder how many crimes and how many death's can be laid at the feet of airsoft guns and air rifles ? thousands I'm sure , possibly even as many as bayonet lugs . I'll never understand why don't they address something truly dangerous that kills people everyday, like texting while driving.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I sent my emails out today and I guess they went to Assemblymen Donnelly. I received this email from Assembly Donnelly in response. I would recommend that CalNRA revisit their distribution:

Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 05:03 PM
To: Talarico, Phillip D (AS)
Subject: EXT :RE: Oppose SB 53

Mr. Talarico:

Please do not send emails to Assemblyman Tim Donnelly accusing him of making a mockery of the Second Amendment. Assemblyman Donnelly has NEVER voted for a bill that infringes on your Second Amendment Right. In fact, Mr. Donnelly is one of the few legislators who speaks out in opposition to measures such as SB 53. Please go to his website and view his videos. You will see where he stands.

Thank you.
The Office of Assemblyman Tim Donnelly

My original email to him is below:

Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 9:35 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Oppose SB 53

Why do you keep creating new laws? You are making a mockery of the Second Amendment. It is malicious and intentional. It is probably unconstitutional to maliciously try to circumvent the US Constitution as you do.

Now you are trying to ban ammunition with all these new ammunition purchase regulations with registration, background checks, fingerprints, certificates, fees. I was born and raised in this state. I knew this state before you were ever born. It was a great place to live. Now, as I near retirement, I plan to leave this state because of the onerous gun laws and taxes and over crowding. I will move and take my millions with me.

The State legislature has too much time on its hands. We need to go to a part time legislature.

This is ridiculous and it shows how cavalier and arbitrary the laws are from state to state.

If you want to get rid of the second amendment then lobby the Congress to start a constitutional amendment process to repeal the second amendment similar to how the Equal Rights Amendment was voted on by the states.

This road your taking making all these frivolous laws is unreasonable and it only impacts the law abiding citizens.

You are making so many laws that most citizens won’t abide by them. Most do not even know of them. A bad law is an unjust and unfair law.

I oppose SB 53 .

Thanks,
Phil Talarico
Native resident of California

1 - 20 of 48 Posts