M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting together my EBR Mod 0 minus the trigger group. (Because if I put it in I'll become a criminal in the great state of California) Now I'm stuck deciding if I want to go featureless or install a bullet button. I haven't read very much about bullet button on the M1A's. How bad is the thing is to actuate? Solar Tactical sells a featureless grip wrap for the EBR. I've handled AR's and AK's with grip wraps and they feel terrible for the most part. Any input for fellow Californians?

·
Registered
130 Posts
if its a pistol grip, you'll have to install the bullet button anyways. but i don't even know how an EBR mod 0 looks to be honest. Im just guessing that it has a pistol grip.

EDIT: alright I did a quick bing search for the Solar Tactical Kydex Grip. Ehhh, its all personal preference if you wanted to go with that. Ive gone ahead and went with the bullet button option for my m14e2 build. you'll have to use a bullet tip or something thats slim enough to fit the gap to get the bullet button to release the mag. it has the same exact tension as the magazine release.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'd opt for the bullet button (or get the h-e-double toothpicks outta CA). One nice thing about an M1A/M14 is it can be top loaded with ease. You really don't "need" to remove the mag to go out and have a fun day shooting, and you don't have to put that hideous kydex "anti-evil" device on your rifle.
JMO

·
Registered
588 Posts
You just laid yourself out like that on a public forum. Admitting to possible criminal activity by stating,"what if and if I install the trigger group" then I'll be a criminal, not a smart thing to say or do. Whether you do or don't is up to you, but why are you telling everyone that you have an EBR (with a pistol grip) and are a so called boarderline law breaker because of a component being installed or not installed. Use your head, you don't know who is and what agencies are trolling on here and anywhere(facebook, instagram, twitter) else for that matter. You know who's(DEMS) in charge and that they will stop at nothing to disarm everyone for ANY reason, true or not. I know you're from Frisco, but come on man...........Jail is no fun, I've taken many people there and they are never happy about it and worse after they come out.....

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You just laid yourself out like that on a public forum. Admitting to possible criminal activity by stating,"what if and if I install the trigger group" then I'll be a criminal, not a smart thing to say or do. Whether you do or don't is up to you, but why are you telling everyone that you have an EBR (with a pistol grip) and are a so called boarderline law breaker because of a component being installed or not installed. Use your head, you don't know who is and what agencies are trolling on here and anywhere(facebook, instagram, twitter) else for that matter. You know who's(DEMS) in charge and that they will stop at nothing to disarm everyone for ANY reason, true or not. I know you're from Frisco, but come on man...........Jail is no fun, I've taken many people there and they are never happy about it and worse after they come out.....
Good Lord man, he said he hadn't installed the trigger group, and that's ALL he said. He didn't say ANYTHING about if, or what if.
Do you hear voices? GI3

God, by Your Hand I'm glad I left CA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stated I know the law and I did not intend on breaking it. I also stated I would not be installing the trigger group without installing a mag lock device or making it featureless.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
You should be glad, but there is always potential as Dude mentioned.

OP, it looks to me like the featureless wrap would be the easier way to go unless you have small hands. Ugly as sin, but at least you wouldn't have to modify anything but the grip, and that's removable in case you ever move.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Good Lord man, he said he hadn't installed the trigger group, and that's ALL he said. He didn't say ANYTHING about if, or what if.
Do you hear voices? GI3

God, by Your Hand I'm glad I left CA.
First of all who the Hell was talking to you???? As far as hearing voices, the voices I keep hearing are the gun grabbers in California using any and all excuses to take away our rights/freedoms and to lock up any unsuspecting person that innocently brings up any topic that THEY find illegal or possibly illegal....It doesn't take much for the goon squad to show up at your front door, day or night and haul your ass away for trumped up make believe charges.

This isn't Mayberry and you ain't in Kansas anymore Dorothy. This country has become the damned Twilight Zone.....If you don't care enough about someone else's future except for your own, then that's on you. But I could not in good conscience let one of our members talk himself into prison.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I stated I know the law and I did not intend on breaking it. I also stated I would not be installing the trigger group without installing a mag lock device or making it featureless.
Yes we all know the law, or at least we should. Regardless of legal knowledge one should use caution in this day and age when discussing firearms. The US DOJ, CA DOJ and the BATFE have been going around and arresting folks, confiscating their private property and survailling them for whatever reason(s) they feel are justified, usually involving firearms.

I was just watching out for you, but since you know the law. I'll quote you a line from a John Wayne/John Ford directed movie called "Hondo". "I let people do what they want, that way when something happens they have no one to blame but themselves".....GI2

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
First of all who the Hell was talking to you???? As far as hearing voices, the voices I keep hearing are the gun grabbers in California using any and all excuses to take away our rights/freedoms and to lock up any unsuspecting person that innocently brings up any topic that THEY find illegal or possibly illegal....It doesn't take much for the goon squad to show up at your front door, day or night and haul your ass away for trumped up make believe charges.

This isn't Mayberry and you ain't in Kansas anymore Dorothy. This country has become the damned Twilight Zone.....If you don't care enough about someone else's future except for your own, then that's on you. But I could not in good conscience let one of our members talk himself into prison.
LOL...I could see why they might show up at your door.

shhhhh....

I hear something.....GI3

·
Registered
290 Posts
Back on topic. The mag lock works with using an item to work the lever. Unfortunately it takes quite a bit of force. I use a pocket screw driver. I have them in stock at OC Armory. I have 2 trigger groups and use the bullet button one in state and save my nice one for out of state. I think they used to make a Remington style 870 adapter that would make it featureless sans flash hider.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
California does not have constructive intent like the feds. Having the parts to make a banned semi auto center fire rifle in California is not a crime (yet).

Reactions: MAC702

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I would use the mag lock and then just deal with the fact that it takes a screwdriver to change mags. You're just loading up 10rounds to look cool at the range anyways and besides you can have a spare trigger group and swap them when you leave the state.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would suggest Mag lock. (if I every have to move back, that would be my plan). With the cost of Ammo, anything to slow down the usage is a plus to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts