M14 Forum banner

C Marked Safety

1142 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  metalreptile
Just aquired another M14 trigger group. Finish looks better than the one that I had put into my LRB, so I decided to switch. The new one is supposedly a new trigger group removed from an unissued & demilled HRA M14. Everything looks great & the finish matches my LRB perfectly, where the older one was much lighter. Everything seems to be marked as an HRA trigger group, but the safety is marked with a C. Is this correct for an HRA? I'm sure that info is here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it in my searches. Also, the new trigger looks a bit thinner than the old one. Should it be? Were there different trigger contours? Any reason, or just different makers?

Noob still learning!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,149 Posts
To answer your question would it be correct No.
You would need and HRA(Garand) would be acceptable or H&R marked safety
and as stated above Probably an IHC that is very worn off we would need a picture to be more sure

· Registered
2,807 Posts
Just aquired another M14 trigger group. Finish looks better than the one that I had put into my LRB, so I decided to switch. The new one is supposedly a new trigger group removed from an unissued & demilled HRA M14. Everything looks great & the finish matches my LRB perfectly, where the older one was much lighter. Everything seems to be marked as an HRA trigger group, but the safety is marked with a C. Is this correct for an HRA? I'm sure that info is here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it in my searches. Also, the new trigger looks a bit thinner than the old one. Should it be? Were there different trigger contours? Any reason, or just different makers?

Noob still learning!
Here is a pic of the trigger group he is talking about.

· Registered
210 Posts
Isn't the safety marked HRA ? The "C" is probally just a batch number, or facility.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BLACKTAIL 8541.....you know, I didn't notice the C until I had the trigger group installed in the rifle. Didn't look that close before i put it in, and forgot about the photos! I see it has HRA now. DUH! Just wondered about the C. Oh well, was just curious.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To update....this trigger group is an all Harrington Richardson assembly. No worn parts & I'm sure it was indeed pulled from an unissued rifle, or dang close to it. Really nice & perfectly matches all the other new USGI parts on my rifle. The C was noticed after installation of the trigger group, as it is on the outside. It is plainly stamped HRA above the C, out of sight when installed. I had a "duh" moment....should have looked closer, but didn't want to pull the trigger group out again un-neccessarily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.