M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw some Bitterroot Valley Ammunition Co. 308 ammo listed for sale. Is anyone familiar with the quality the company puts out? They're commercial reloads, priced accordingly, sorta.GI2

I'm a little shy of this type of ammo as I just bought 1000 reloaded rounds of .223 from another company, off GunBroker.

When I opened the box and pulled out 5 rounds, 1 of them had a bulged case neck that obviously won't chamber in my Mini. A quick check of about 50 more rounds revealed some ugly crimps, but no more bulges, if that is the correct term. The neck actually collapsed, and a small portion buckled under at the crimp. Checking several for OAL, they're pretty close, within a couple of thousandths. Primers seem to be seated OK. The brass s a little beat up, but no worse than my once fired cases that I'd keep, and reload.

I emailed the seller, saying they might want to check their seating/crimping stations. I've used single stage and turrett presses, but don't know what type of equipment a commercial company uses.

Bottom line, he/they never so much as acknowledged my email. As a result, I won't be buying from them again.

Hopefully this BVAC isn't of the same caliber. I'd like to hear from some who have used their ammo, and how it stacks up.
Thx

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've used their .40 S&W ammo in my G22. It did not shoot very well for me. I could not keep 10/10 rounds on a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper @ 20yds.

Once I switched back to personal handloads, I was able to put 5rds into 3" off-handed. In my limited experience, BVAC is good for plinking, however, each firearm has its preference as to what it can shoot well and what will shoot poorly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I appreciate the info. Read your thread on the Wolf ammo, and glad to see that everything worked out eventually.

I haven't considered using Wolf ammo, but have read a few good things about that Silver Bear stuff, but not in an M1A.

Anyone have any info on that?

Gotta watch the pennies pretty close these days...dance2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.