M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a Scout, but am also finding some great prices on the Bush rifle that SA no longer sells. Anybody have handy the differences between the two?

My main questions are:
- Barrel Length
- Overall Length
- weight (probably about the same)
- Does the Bush have the forward mount optical base that the Scout does?
- I know SA will make up a Scout for you with the Flash suppressor (you need to ask for it), but dit the Bush come with the Suppressor?

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks HH. That was easy. 'Kind of feel stupid (I'm used to it).

·
Super Moderator
11,834 Posts
I think that the Bush and the Scout are the same rifle from Springfield Armory the Scout has the added foward scope mount on the barrel with the relieved handguard so remove the mt and H.G. and back to bush.
Barrel lenth on both is 18in. overall lenth 40.2 inches weight goes to the scout but not buy much 1 or 2 oz from the scope mt. Sorry the bush does not have the same scope mt. if it did it would it would be a scout as for the f/s my bush rifle came with one, I`m unsure about the scout if it is a comp or f/s. I think a comp would make the scout stand out from the bush with the scope mt. plus make it a little easier to shoot.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Bush rifles can still be found NIW. If you don't plan on scoping the rifle you save yourself $150. I found a big difference in mine when I removed the f/h & replaced it with a SE muzzle brake(IE recoil compensator).
HH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.