M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Spoke with Fulton Armory again about their bush barrels. I was told this time that they have both chrome lined and chrome moly. The chrome lined they said are regular chrome moly barrels that were then lined with the harder chrome in the bore and chamber. Does this sound about right? It is $50.00 more for this barrel, with would be around $275.00 total. Is this the only chrome lined barrel available? I spoke with Springfield and theirs are chrome moly. Wasn't Wilson or somebody supposed to make a chrome lined barrel? I would prefer a chrome lined barrel without having to cut down a GI barrel, I just won't do that. There are not many options out their for M14 barrels.

Thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
FWIW, Wilson is the current contractor for Fulton's standard contour match barrel and the chrome lined barrels (the plating process doesn't allow for the degree of uniformity required of a match barrel). Fulton doesn't advertise this in case they ever decide to switch contractors. I don't know why Wilson hasn't started selling chrome lined barrels directly to the public yet. Maybe they're too busy filling orders for Fulton Armory. :roll:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info TEA.

Is that how GI barrels are made, hard chrome lined over a chrome moly barrel? They are pretty expensive, and I don't want to buy it if it is not a quality barrel. I have not heard of anyone who has bought one yet. Has anyone here seen these?

·
Registered
226 Posts
FWIW, the FN 308 sniper rifle has/had a chromed lined barrel and is/was very accurate.
As they have changed model numbers and features I do not know if the the barrels are currently chromed. The early ones were and were very accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.