1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a micro got from primary arms just like that one. I have no complaints about it at all, its mounted on my mossberg 590 hasn't failed me in over 1000 full power 12 gauge rounds. Just another option

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Actually, I'm considering it for my mom's Buckmark .22 pistol... she has a giant Bushnell HoloSight (EOTech) on top of it now... and I think the FastFire would be the hot ticket!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
...Anybody have any experience with it?
I've tried a number of red dots similar to the FastFire but like the FastFire best. In addition to the fact that it simply works, it has an on/off switch; putting the cover on is supposed to conserve battery power but I'd expect the battery to last even longer if it's simply turned off. And its low rail mount is thinner than others I've seen which improves the chances of co-witnessing. However, if you're planning to put it on the Scout mount of a Scout or Socom, you need to take the heat transfer from the barrel into consideration.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The FastFire II is a very durable red dot. I have seen it survive the recoil of a DE .50 when others such as Zeiss have flat out come apart within 1 magazine. The only drawback to it I see is the fact that to change a battery, the optic must be removed from the mount. But as others have pointed out, battery life is exceptional.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
My favorite sight in this size range is the Doctor Optic.
I think it is the best.

However, I have a Burris Fast Fire on one of my hunting rifles. My nephew has shot a few deer with and I have used it on a few deer as well.

It has performed great. It has "plastic" lenses where the Doctor Optic has quality glass lenses.

Both of them adjust automatically for the ambient light conditions.
So you do not have to fiddle about with red dot brightness adjustment knobs.
Because of that, they are both great hunting/combat sights.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've tried a number of red dots similar to the FastFire but like the FastFire best. In addition to the fact that it simply works, it has an on/off switch; putting the cover on is supposed to conserve battery power but I'd expect the battery to last even longer if it's simply turned off. And its low rail mount is thinner than others I've seen which improves the chances of co-witnessing. However, if you're planning to put it on the Scout mount of a Scout or Socom, you need to take the heat transfer from the barrel into consideration.
RNGR1. Ohh rly? No heat problems for me. :)

I do like the Burris fast fire.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Very nice set up....I have the same mini rail where the clip mount used to be. Now I gotta get a fast fire to put on it!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
That is a pretty slick setup... any problems with the sight getting bashed up with it sticking waaaay up there?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Burris also has .05 magnification because of the lens design.

Here is what you would see.

Sorry for the lack of focus on the front sight/optic. Your sight will not co witness but I like it this way. It helps you gauge bullet drop for distant targets between thr front sight and the dot and it gives you a clear target view. No front post to block your target (comes in real handy for smaller targets past 100 yards).

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
My favorite sight in this size range is the Doctor Optic.
I think it is the best.

However, I have a Burris Fast Fire on one of my hunting rifles. My nephew has shot a few deer with and I have used it on a few deer as well.

It has performed great. It has "plastic" lenses where the Doctor Optic has quality glass lenses.

Both of them adjust automatically for the ambient light conditions.
So you do not have to fiddle about with red dot brightness adjustment knobs.
Because of that, they are both great hunting/combat sights.
You are wrong on the FastFireII having plastic lenses. They are glass. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You are wrong on the FastFireII having plastic lenses. They are glass. Ask me how I know.
Ditto that, I have a Fastfire II on my mini-14 and a blast of wind blew the rifle over while I had it leaned against the rail at the range. Dented the housing and cracked the glass. I called Burris about getting it repaired and they replaced it -- UNDER WARRANTY. Blew me away.

As far as performance goes I really like it. The mount on the Ruger is very low, similar to the stripper clip mount on the M14 and close to your eyes. Gives a good cheek weld and shooting with both eyes open works great.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I run a Burris FastFire II on both my Benelli M2 Tactical 12ga and my Arsenal Inc SGL-41 in 7.62x39mm. The one on the Benelli has been on there for at least 4 years with absolutely no problems. Mostly full-powered loads out of that shotgun.

The one on my Arsenal Inc has been on there for over a year now. No problems so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.