M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any opinions on these trigger devices that permit a simulated auto-firing mode on a semi-auto rifle? Are these things just tomfoolery for aspiring "Darwin Award" recipients? Any personal experiences with their use?

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I was young I bought several different ones for my SKS but I just couldn't make them work. I must have watched that video at the gun show twenty times. I just don't have the genes I guess.

·
Registered
327 Posts
tommygun One well aimed shot is more effective
than 20 "spray and pray" shots. If you want a machine gun,
then pay the tax and, buy one. In other words, those devices
are junk. IMHO :-k

·
Banned
87 Posts
The devices are not needed. It will bump anyway. I agree with the other guy that a well placed shot is more effective . but 20 all over the place is down right fun. You can use the string method if you want.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I shot my service rifle on full auto many times and its just too wild and too hard on the rifle. You can go that route if you want but get ready to nurse your black and blue shoulder. If you get your trigger pull really light you won't need any full auto devices the recoil will make it like full auto.

·
Registered
846 Posts
don't waste your money buy another USGI mag instead.

bump firing is only good for shutting down ranges. all it takes is 1 round over the berm that hits someone and that range will be sued out of existence.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like these are a good way to find some trouble. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll pass on these.
I'll go to a MG meet some day and just try the real McCoy instead! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
46 Posts
tommygun said:
Sounds like these are a good way to find some trouble. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll pass on these.
I'll go to a MG meet some day and just try the real McCoy instead! :mrgreen:
Now your talking :wink: . FA is a ton of fun, but I never understood bump firing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.