M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a GI chrome lined barrel, and you don't let the rifle get to hot, is bump firing bad for it? I would think that heat would be the only issue, as the rifle does not know how long it is taking between rounds.

This morning I made the above post over on Battlerifles.com, but since I just discovered this site (linked from Differents page) I wanted share it here. I would not do this to awlful much, but dang, it sure was fun. 8)

http://members.cox.net/outphaze2/Bump Fire.mp3

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree completely, only the hits count....there is nothing more deadly than a well aimed rifle shot. Spread Fred. Having said that, dang it was FUN! :lol:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bumping is really fun, but I usually keep that for the AK. I have bumped arfs and my M1A several different times, even bumped 8 rounds out of the Garand once. It is really a waste of ammo though so I usually just do the AK. S cant see how it would hurt your M1A, it’s just firing fast and you’re only doing 20 rounds at a time. With a BETA mag in an arf you might run into that silly sustained rate of fire thing, but I don’t think you’re going to hurt your M1A.

-Chris

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK....So I know it's "wretched excess," but guess we all have to do this at least once. With that in mind, what's the best "drill" for a proper "bump fire?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.