M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on the juggernaut rogue bullpup conversion kit? A list of pros and cons?
So far I've got

Pro weight is more efficiently distributed
Con gas to the face sucks

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Pro - Compact size

Cons - LOUD

Reactions: Dire88

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
The biggest problem with a bullpup will always be the trigger. Simply because of the way a bullpup works.

I've heard the Rogue has a good trigger for what it is, but you're not going to end up with a clean and crisp NM trigger on one.

Also, learning and mastering an all new manual of arms isn't a small undertaking. Bullpups can be a PITA to learn to reload.

That being said, I still want a Rogued SOCOM.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Tactically, it is not a friendly configuration. m1476251 is correct in pointing out shooting from the other side is not easy such as clearing a corner.

If that's not a consideration, build it and write more about it here including the pictures.

Bruce

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Pro: very handy, easily adapted with all the rails. Cool. Neat. Fun.

Con: as stated you huff a little gas during rapid fire, the LOP may be a bit short but you can buy an extender.

Mine's is a standard in the Rogue chassis and it rocks. I have some good flip sights that cowitness with a small RD optic and fixed a long eye relief scope, easily swapped. The trigger is still better than any standard AR, even with the linkage required to make it work. Magazine changing habits are easily accomplished with a few mags, and you will want to have several on hand.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
The bullpup configuration only makes sense in a purpose built design, not a conversion for an existing action in my opinion.

I feel strongly about this, but not strongly enough to argue about it. If it floats your boat, then go for a boat ride, my friend.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
"Con: when you have a slamfire or case failure causing a kaboom, your head will catch flying metal"
has this happened yet?

Gosh, I'm all afraid to go out and shoot now.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I really would like one.

I very much regret selling my microtech Aug clone. The trigger on those is wonderful.

I have heard the jjuggernaut has a great trigger. But I'll have to try it.

TThose heavy tavors I didn't like the trigger.

·
Registered
129 Posts
mine shoots great no trigger problems. simple to set up, and accurate.
the reloads take a couple of try to get right but not bad, but i dont shoot AR's so for me it was simple.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is tacticool and you'll be a huge hit with the mall ninja crowd.
Not a fan.
Then there's the thing about having 50-60,000psi and 10 ounces of flying steel right next to your brain pan.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Trigger ....just get a trigger job and its no problem! I have a trigger job done and its a John Wolfe build ... really enjoy it!

Pros you have just about an SBR
ITs cool easy to get on target , less recoil great all around weapon for CQ or long range! Plus you can put it in a few different back packs !

cons yes the gas gets a bit in your face NBD
and you have to train & practice with your mags reloading but once again NBD

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I spent too much on my teeth to risk it. ... just asking from your avatar pic, are you going to the Oklahoma games?
The avatar is from my bootcamp yearbook. Don't know about the matches.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Trigger ....just get a trigger job and its no problem! I have a trigger job done and its a John Wolfe build ... really enjoy it!

Pros you have just about an SBR
ITs cool easy to get on target , less recoil great all around weapon for CQ or long range! Plus you can put it in a few different back packs !

cons yes the gas gets a bit in your face NBD
and you have to train & practice with your mags reloading but once again NBD
Pretty much nailed it.

Mine has a trigger job - shoots just fine.

Tac reloads take some practice. With a JP Brake, recoil is manageable .

It's a good shooting system for up close & personal, and indoors/cqb.

If I had to keep ONLY ONE of my M14's - it would be a tough choice - with the Rogue being neck and neck in the #1 position.

Rick

·
Premium Member
17,502 Posts
Pros = It is a hoot to shoot. Accuracy depends on the particular build in the stock.
Just another configuration for our favorite rifle. Easily remounted back in wood if you wish.

Cons = Initial cost. Folks that have never used one criticizing it.

I enjoy many different forms of the M14. They are all a fun.
Any one worrying about a face full of metal needs to pay more attention to their ammo and reloading.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/P1010020.jpg.html][/URL]

Semper Fi
Art B

·
Registered
398 Posts

Cons = Initial cost. Folks that have never used one criticizing it.

I enjoy many different forms of the M14. They are all a fun.
Any one worrying about a face full of metal needs to pay more attention to their ammo and reloading...

Semper Fi
Art B
Well this one blew from bad barrel steel. A broken firing pin could cause an out of battery event also. Imagine if this had been in a bullpup stock. Personally I don't care what anyone does with their rifle if it makes them happy, but don't tell me there is not a higher risk to having the chamber under your face.

http://www.thegunzone.com/m1akb/762r.html

http://www.thegunzone.com/m1akb.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts