M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Price Reduced:

For sale is my custom build I never quite finished. It just needs a flash hider, really. No expense was spared, selling as I pare down my collection to fund my body armor patent.

Bula Forge XM21 National Match receiver with matched bolt - rail is included but not pictured, screw on type.

Springfield Armory 18.5" National Match barrel unfired, installed on receiver and headspaced to bolt by Bula.

Unitized gas system

Schuster Adjustable gas plug

Nitrided gas piston

USGI Op Rod

Sadlak Match Op Rod Guide & pin

Sadlak oversized bolt release

USGI trigger group stoned & polished

M14.ca railed handguard

Tan Synthetic stock and 1 magazine included

I probably have well over $2,000 in this. $1,550 obo

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump.

Also, for someone asking about stripped down, $1300 plus shipping without the railed handguard and stock. Another $50 off if you don't want the Schuster.

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
That’s not a XM21. It’s a M21 DMR receiver. There’s a difference. The XM21 version only has Picatinny rails and not iron sights. The M21 DMR receiver, in my opinion, is a better selling point since most prospective buyers are looking for both scope and iron sight options.

And your shims are in the wrong place. They go behind the front band.

Also, I’m not aware Springfield ever made a 18.5” medium weight barrel. Can you post pictures of the barrel markings?

Tony.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points, thanks. I'll move the shims.

Yes, M21 DMR. The other one I sold last year was an XM21.

You're correct, Springfield didn't make an 18.5". I had it cut, crowned, and threaded by a local gunsmith down to that length because I prefer it in .308. Did the same thing with my FAL - perfect mix of length for velocity vs weight when you're hanging a suppressor at the end.

If you go back through my previous posts, you'll see where I bought this barrel on here then ended up sending it up to Jeff to put on his receiver when I bought it during a sale Christmas before last. I'll see if I can take a minute to get pictures of the barrel markings, you can see them when it's out of the stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
M21 DMR Bula

A rear sight would be needed for open sight shooting? What kind of flash hider would be needed for this resized barrel? Thank you, Rick

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you would need a rear sight as well as a GLFS (Gas Lock Front Sight). The gas lock on it now has no sight base option.

I have the pic rail that threads into the front and rear screws for this per the M21DMR option, I was going to scope it.

I believe we threaded it 1/2x28 for a .30 cal to 5/8x24 adapter but I'll have to check tomorrow. I was planning on suppressing it, hence the Schuster, with my Gemtech HVT THD in .30

·
Registered
30 Posts
M21 DMR Bula

Thank you for answering my questions. Would it be a expensive undertaking to get the M21 DMR front and rear open sight option? I have a tiger stripe stock that it would look great in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know what Jeff sells those for. Getting a GLFS isn't expensive at all. A NM hooded rear sight can be had not terribly expensively from a variety of people, including some on here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replied, thank you. Not interested in trades at this time.

Still need to get pics of that barrel and I don't believe the muzzle has the notch for a standard flash hider but I'll double check. It's a cut-down Springfield NM medium weight barrel that was 21" so I somewhat doubt it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, should have posted when Tony asked. Sorry, it's just been crazy.

Threads verified 1/2x28. A little over half an inch of threads and .0561 shoulder at thread base. Sorry for the weird lighting on one picture. (and yes, I did use the other end of the micrometer for more accurate measuring, I just took a picture where you could see the digits).

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts