M14 Forum banner

Bula XM21 209.

726 19
So nice today I decided to take another rifle out. Bula XM21 209 with ultra heavy barrel in USGI fiberglass stock. Scope is Leupold MK 4 16x fixed. Ammo Berger 115 in RA 68 cases over 45 gn of N-201 set off with 210Mx. 3 targets at 100 yds with10 rnds each posted in order shot. Whatta Hobby!

Table Plant Air gun Outdoor furniture Grass
Font Material property Triangle Pattern Rectangle
Font Line Rectangle Red Art
Font Triangle Pattern Carmine Circle
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
22,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hummm, Q for you Art. Ultra heavy barrel, looks to be a GI fiberglass stock. Did you have to cut a recess for the ultra heavy barrel op rod guide? If yes, any pics of how much material was removed? And was the stock "re-enforced" in any way?
Yep, USGI fiberglass stock. Barrel and op rod guide fit in nicely. I did have to nibble some for the rear lug, but not terrible. Also had to clearance around front ferule as always. Stock was not re-enforced.

· Registered
82 Posts
So nice today I decided to take another rifle out. Bula XM21 209 with ultra heavy barrel in USGI fiberglass stock. Scope is Leupold MK 4 16x fixed. Ammo Berger 115 in RA 68 cases over 45 gn of N-201 set off with 210Mx. 3 targets at 100 yds with10 rnds each posted in order shot. Whatta Hobby!

View attachment 499195 View attachment 499196 View attachment 499197 View attachment 499198
Nice shooting Art!

M1Army
Nice set up- Great shooting!

· Registered
6,736 Posts
just goes to show that homebuilt w/gi stock can shoot w/the best of high $ crowd.
I'm skeptical that there's enough money that would help me keep up with Art, unless I was paying somebody else to shoot it. :p

I suppose that's an option... but given options, I'd rather make a fool of myself and share his company for a range day.

· Registered
9,982 Posts
Nice stick Art. That’s some nice shooting considering it’s USGI FG stock not reinforced. That’s kind of a change for you going FG, I’m used to seeing you release your newbies in JAE. You running low on cash? :).
I still want to be you when I grow up Art, and keep me in your will :).

· Premium Member
22,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was asked a question as to why I didn't post the whole target paper. Main reason there were no other holes in it. I only shot the 30 rnds yesterday with that rifle. Easy answer. Whatta Hobby!

Font Rectangle Red Material property Wood

· Premium Member
22,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all for the nice replies. I am enjoying the process more every day. Experimenting with USGI fiberglass stocks has proven, to me, that can be reliable and accurate. Whatta Hobby!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts