M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
My guess would be Art probably knows the anwser to this question. If it does fit that's going to be one HEAVY rifle!GI1

Reactions: tonyben

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
I never had an interest in the Sage.

I know the Ultras fit very nicely in a standard USGI stock with op rod guide fitment or a JAE if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
11,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just wondering if the channel in the SAGE is big enough at the end to accommodate the barrel. I'd have to leave the front band on or have custom shims made since a factory crush washer won't fit.

I'm wondering if the barrel whip screw will still fit.

Tony.

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
I'm just wondering if the channel in the SAGE is big enough at the end to accommodate the barrel. I'd have to leave the front band on or have custom shims made since a factory crush washer won't fit.

I'm wondering if the barrel whip screw will still fit.

Tony.
If you can shoe horn one in there Tony, you won't have any barrel whip to worry about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So this question stems from one i asked Tony. I can't seem to find anyone that can do a Heavy profile barrel in 6.5 CM for the Sage EBR heavy barrel chassis. Can someone enlighten me what the difference in barrel profile is between a Medium and Heavy profile?

·
Registered
366 Posts
The heavy profile has a large diameter to the gas cylinder and requires a different ORG. The medium is a larger diameter to ORG, but a standard ORG is used.
A Bula heavy barrel is a heavy profile to the gas cylinder then is .750 to the muzzle. It requires a modified gas cylinder. And they do shoot well. I know they work very well in a McMillan M3A

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Is it possible to get a Heavy .308 and have a gunsmith re-chamber to 6.5?
More than a chamber change. The 6.5 is considerably smaller diameter than a .308.
Would be a simple barrel change from .308 to 6.5. They are interchangeable on most rifles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts