M14 Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
SOCOM16, Benelli m4, HK MK23
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Kinda off topic but does anyone know if the muzzle brake/sight can be removed from the socom and a standard flash hider or coast guard type brake be installed?

·
Premium Member
20,590 Posts
Kinda off topic but does anyone know if the muzzle brake/sight can be removed from the socom and a standard flash hider or coast guard type brake be installed?
Not directly. SEI does make an adapter for the coast guard type brake.

Reactions: ERnurse

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Not directly. SEI does make an adapter for the coast guard type brake.
SEI and delta P make adapters for socom that allow for 5/8x24 brakes. You can then add a SEI brake or if you want a standard looking flash hider MFIAP has one. I think one is for sale in the px.

·
Premium Member
20,590 Posts
Photo shows SEI SOCOM 5/8 x 24 adapter lower left with a couple of SEI muzzle devices that can be attached. Once you use either the Delta P " recommended or the SEI adapters you are open to many different muzzle devices or suppressors. Top 3 devices are SEI gas lock items.

Material property Font Auto part Metal Household hardware

·
Registered
SOCOM16, Benelli m4, HK MK23
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Wow thanks guys....my socom actually shoots VERY acceptable groups even with military ammo. I just dont care for the brake that is on there. Too much blast. No worry about recoil LOL I shoot a 6 1/4 lb 338 Rem Ultra in a Rem custom shop mountain rifle....thats recoil. Here is a 50 yd 10 shot group using a 2 moa aimpoint comp4 mounted on a Sadlak Steel mount. Ammo is WRA68.
Wood Circle Electric blue Button Door

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
And for what it’s worth, I find the SEI compensator to be even better to stabilize and cut down on blast than the vortex or good iron brake.

·
Premium Member
20,590 Posts
I stuffed my Socom II in the back of one of my safes. Haven't thought of a thing it's good for yet but as you say, it's paid for.

Reactions: ERnurse

·
Registered
60 Posts
The side mount makes use of the surfaces that were designed with a mount exclusively in mind.

that isn't to say that a mount that makes use of those surfaces and other surfaces couldn't have an advantage.

But I don't remember seeing anybody having problems with mounts that use the bolt and two grooves, at least due to the mounting method.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's weird how things happen, right after I posted this, I watched a video on here where someone had a problem with the screw stripping out on the side mount scope fitting. I don't know whether they bunged the screw or what, but I think I'll try the top mount bula or LRB style, use thread lock, and lock it up tight. That style has been working on hunting rifles for decades, so it should work fine in this instance.

·
Premium Member
20,590 Posts
It's weird how things happen, right after I posted this, I watched a video on here where someone had a problem with the screw stripping out on the side mount scope fitting. I don't know whether they bunged the screw or what, but I think I'll try the top mount bula or LRB style, use thread lock, and lock it up tight. That style has been working on hunting rifles for decades, so it should work fine in this instance.
The screw stripping on the side mounts is almost always operator error by not paying attention to torque specifications. Screws are intentionally made softer than the receiver for that reason and are easily replaced.
Both LRB and Bula Defense Systems make excellent scope mounting solutions with their M-25 and M21 DMR respectfully. Even better if you intend scope only is the Bula XM21 which has the rail actually machined as part of the receiver.

Top Bula M-21 DMR.
Next Bula XM21
Next 2 are LRB M-25
Last pic is LRB M-25 on top and a couple of other LRBs that I am currently working on. They are all excellent choices. Whatta Hobby!

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Motor vehicle Shotgun Machine gun
Gas Camera accessory Machine Film camera Wood
Air gun Trigger Amber Shotgun Wood
Wood Tool Gas Toolroom Machine

41 - 58 of 58 Posts