M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Bula uses the two piece or the one piece method for creating thier Op-Rods? I'd ask in their forum but it seems that they no longer are a site-sponsor.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I am curious as well!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
Well... Any Company that will put their logo on an op-rod...

Must be pretty confident, about it's quality and durability!!!

Just sayin!

Attachments

Reactions: k9cubby and nf1e

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
The question has been answered in terms of manufacturing method; however, I have several BULA Op Rods on some of my best shooting rifles.

Over the past several years I have accumulated a nice stash of the BULA Op Rods. The quality is excellent, the price/value was excellent and for the money I can have a brand new Op Rod vs. a used or re-tabbed USGI Op-Rod on a new build. Just one of those parts that BULA produced that was a great value.

I remember BULA doing an initial group buy for our forum when they started producing the Op-Rods and you could get them for $150.00 - that was a great value.

M1Army

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if Bula uses the two piece or the one piece method for creating thier Op-Rods? I'd ask in their forum but it seems that they no longer are a site-sponsor.
[/QUOTE
BULA Op-Rods are two piece. I know because mine was in two pieces. BULA did replace it at no cost. Funny, they asked for the weight and length for the return label. I told them the weight should be the same and the length would be 1/2 of the replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BULA Op-Rods are two piece. I know because mine was in two pieces. BULA did replace it at no cost. Funny, they asked for the weight and length for the return label. I told them the weight should be the same and the length would be 1/2 of the replacement.

·
Premium Member
15,214 Posts
Any photos, that would be great to see.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yep! 2 pieces. I replaced Bill's op rod. I think tool oil prevented a solid weld when it came of the production line. How's that Corvette, Bill?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Good question and answers. I know he stays busy, but haven't seen Jeff around lately and last I swapped emails with Tony B he was pending shipment from Bula me wanting a standard receiver in advance of 2020 Nov. though at the time Tony had other Bula parts available he listed in the PX. Classic and others out of stock well over 16 mos. unless Bula takes everything to Camp Perry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep! 2 pieces. I replaced Bill's op rod. I think tool oil prevented a solid weld when it came of the production line. How's that Corvette, Bill?
C7 Stingray has been great. It has been on the track at Mid-Ohio and the Tail of the Dragon. Parked over the winter and has not seen many miles this year due to COVID-19😷.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have a pic but don’t know how to attach it??
You can attach a photo directly from your computer by clicking on the photo symbol just to the left of the camera symbol and then you can drag and drop the photo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts