M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Mods sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please move as you see fit. Thx)

After many years of shooting paper I decided it was time to build myself a steel target stand. I wanted something that would be easy to disassemble but also held up to some abuse. I did some research online, most people build frames out of wood which is fine and a cheap way to go but as usual I wanted something better and more robust! GI7 Using some 1" threaded pipe and connectors and with the help of http://www.shootsteel.com/?gclid=CJ_jpYGr2rkCFdAWMgodT0kAlA this is what I came up with, a 10" target stand. All the pipe you see here is 1" tube by 30" tall and 24" wide. I made it big enough to handle any target http://www.shootsteel.com/?gclid=CJ_jpYGr2rkCFdAWMgodT0kAlA sells. I am more than pleased with the outcome! All shots shown were at 165Yards with my trusty 280,30/06 and of course my M1A on the 10" 3/8 thick plate! Enjoy! DI5

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good job, I have the same style made from rebar so it is easily broken down for transport and storage. I also use firehose instead of chain, seems to hold up better.
Duly noted, can I ask where you might have got firehose? P.S. Chain does not react well to bullets ;)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
My sons are electricians, and are often called in to strip out condemned buildings, i.e. schools and businesses, and they picked up some reels of hose for me that way. Maybe ask at the fire department if they ever recycle their hoses?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nnnice. It's real fun until you smoke the chain...a lot. If you find yourself snapping the chain. Weld a pipe to the back of the target, then slide pipe on your top rail. I build a lot of targets for a local gun dealer. If you have a questions just pm me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, glad you like it!
:)

~There are only two types of people in this world, those that know and those that wish they did ~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.