M14 Forum banner

Building M25 replica

1941 6
Hi Guys,
I've been searching and reading everything I can on the forum for a while now as well as other places and have zero'd in on building an M25 replica.

I've been collecting USGI parts for a month or so and have (or will have) pretty much most of the critical parts now - mostly TRW.

I'm looking for the experts to check me out on my plan and provide any words of wisdom. Here's what I'm looking at building:

LRB lugged receiver
Kreiger Heavy barrel
Smith enterprises scope mount
Leipold M3 scope
McMillian M3A stock with desert camo
Unitized gas system and other NM mods
All USGI TRW parts

This will not be a field rifle but rather is intended as a high quality piece that get's to go to the range occassionally.

What am I missing?
It's been suggested I go with Kreiger's new medium contour barrel - any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ron
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like he may have confused the nomenclature and wants a USMC DMR and not an M25. BTW, the USMC uses a Krieger medium weight barrel in a specific contour. Krieger now has these available for a decent price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's all and well and you can call it what you want BUT unless it has the Brookfield parts in it- its not an M25. Hell for that matter I can take my Rem 700PSS with a McMillan HTG stock and call it an M40A1 even though it doesnt have most of the components that the USMC used in their rifles. The parts list that you posted from the Krieger barrel, Smith mount and Leupold scope is alot closer to a DMR than an M25 (including the scope). Of course everything is a clone or replica but if you can find all of the parts to build the clone or replica and the only thing on it to diffrentiate the real deal and the clone is the civillian legal receiver and who built it, then get it as close as possible if funds allow. Brookfield parts are out there- they are just scarce. Even if you get just the scope mount, that will be the only thing visible for an M25- everything else is on the inside and nobody will know except you.
I do know of a source though for the B&L (actual B&L not Bushnell) Tactical 10x though that most M25's I've seen had on it- I'd have to check and see if my buddy still has it or not though if you are interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.